Job Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Remote/Nashville, TN
Status: Full Time
Reports to: VP Brand Marketing, Creative Director
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is one of the most popular natural health websites in the world with over 2.5 million unique visitors per month.
As a designer on the Creative Team at Ancient Nutrition, you will work across all channels to create experiences that engage and educate our consumers. The creative team is responsible for defining and evolving the visual and verbal language that surrounds our brand and products. It is how we connect with our consumers emotionally and rationally as we help guide them on their wellness journeys.
You’ll make sure that our consumers have experiences that are uniquely “us” by creating work that is as effective on shelf as it is online. You enjoy working end-to-end from brand concepts and design through to pixel perfect production. Your attitude is that no job is too big or too small and the little things are the big things. You are precise, detail-oriented and consistently meet deadlines. You are as comfortable designing from scratch as you are from an established art direction, and are always ready with another idea up your sleeve. You take complete ownership of your projects and, if needed, can deliver work independently with minimal oversight.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Maintain consistency and alignment in our brand voice and identity across all creative content
- Design organic & paid social ads, email, ecommerce assets, landing pages, and infographics, as well as print assets for retail, displays, packaging and collateral to achieve brand awareness and increased engagement
- You will develop concepts and design cross-channel campaigns for new product launches and tent-pole moments for the brand.
- You will design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives and when the opportunity presents itself, push beyond strictly what is asked and interpret briefs with your own personal vision and taste.
- You will meet deadlines and are focused on ensuring the task at hand is fully completed. You champion your craft, and are meticulous about the details.
- You’ll be agile as things move fast and be flexible as they change, while still delivering compelling work.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years experience working in an agency setting or similar designing for web, and ideally have some print experience
- You have a good understanding of brand and have been part of a team working to develop and craft real brand experiences.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), Sketch/InVision or Figma. Animation experience is a plus
- The ability to simultaneously think about the big picture and the micro-level details.
- An understanding of design fundamentals and the rules, but know how to bend and break them to create innovative solutions.
- The ability to balance speed with quality in the work you produce.
- The ability to manage priorities and multiple timelines.
- You are imaginative - you generate original ideas and find ways to enhance other’s thinking. Constantly pushing for better.
- You are a low-ego collaborator and have an eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment.
Work is about what you do, not where you do it. We are able to hire from across the US and Canada and if you’re near Nashville, TN you can work from our office. Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, but fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people that don't need to be micromanaged.
We offer health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited Paid Time Off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you feel this role is meant for you, please send us a portfolio that showcases your understanding of the design process, and your skills in typography, visual design (interactive and graphic), and idea generation. Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! Both of these are required, and we really do read them!