The world is changing right before our eyes, and we are changing with it. It hasn’t been rainbows and sunshine all the time. We have been challenged, and we have persevered. We stuck together and we kept growing. We reinvented how we work best in collaboration in a remote setup, coming to a healthy remote-first working mode.
What we do?
We are trusted to build the best software products in e-mobility, and pave the way for sustainable transportation. Curious to know more? Keep reading!
As a corporate startup, we are spearheading innovation within our mother company Daimler Trucks & Buses. Our mission is to develop data-driven solutions for the transportation of
tomorrow today: connected, electric and sustainable. Here, your code is more than code. You have an impact on the way goods and people move, on the environment, and on the world we’re creating for future generations.
Are you in?
We’re looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our team in Lisbon to work on exciting projects in the data-driven world of sustainable transportation. Keep scrolling to understand how we envision the role and how you can contribute.
What your day-to-day work will be like:
- Implement data transformation pipelines in batch and streaming to feed databases with aggregated data to serving layer;
- Align with Data Scientists and prepare data for machine learning algorithms;
- Implement CI/CD pipelines for the created jobs;
- Eventually, you will have to fix some bugs, right? This is not Disneyland 😁
You are a great candidate if you have:
- Passion for what you do;
- You are a flexible person when it comes to technologies – You choose the best tool for the job;
- By now, you already know how to adapt to new situations;
- You are aware of your feelings and other people’s emotions and how you can work together;
- You know how to communicate verbally and in writing and you always have a positive intent.
Nice to have:
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, or related fields;
- Deep understandings of Hadoop technologies and Data in Motion concepts;
- Deep understanding of Application and Infrastructure Design in a Cloud Environment;
- Experience with Unit testing, automated integration, and load tests;
- Experience in RESTFUL API development (preferred with JAX-RS and/or Swagger);
- Strong knowledge of Java development and knowledge of Scala or other functional programming languages;
- Proven experience with streaming using Apache Storm or Kafka Streams and proven experience of Map/Reduce frameworks such as Spark and Hive;
- Experience with HBase, Phoenix, and general de-normalized database concepts;
- Strong experience with SQL;
- If you also have experience with Data Stacks and Microservices then you are the true unicorn 🦄
Now that you know what we are looking for, here’s what’s in it for you:
You’ll learn and grow technically
- You’ll work in an experienced engineering team, mainly composed of seniors who are humble and ready to help you learn;
- You’ll be backed up by leadership that walks the talk;
- You’ll have access to training according to your learning and growth needs.
You’ll enjoy the perks of a balanced work-life
- You’ll receive a fair salary that reflects the job market, your experience, and your impact;
- You and your family will receive health insurance;
- You’ll have work-life flexibility: we are a remote-first company. This means we trust you with when and where you work from: from our office in the city center, from Alentejo or from your home country. We want to give you the flexibility you need and keep our great office culture, so we do in-person team events in the office every once in a while;
- Oh, and of course, you’ll get some discounts on Mercedes rentals and acquisition.
So… do you have what it takes to become a tb.lxer? Apply now!
As a company, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We hire for talent and potential, and that's what we'll look for in you.