The Beachbody Company is the leader of in-home fitness and is on the lookout for top-notch talent to reach and serve more people. We’re an equal-opportunity employer who offers competitive compensation, incredible benefits and perks, not to mention a team of smart, friendly people and positive energy. We practice what we preach, providing free Shakeology (our delicious, healthy shake), onsite gyms, flexible work hours, and substantial product discounts. Are you ready to help us achieve our goal of helping people live healthy, fulfilling lives?
What will you be doing at Beachbody as Manager, Software Engineering.
As a Manager, Software Engineering at Beachbody, you will lead engineers in driving cutting-edge solutions to our expanding business needs. We need an individual that can develop in collaboration with partners to provide technical expertise. The ideal Manager will be a cross-platform Technology Expert who thrives on successfully delivering state of the art engineering projects. The ideal candidate will have established a reputation of delivering high-quality and highly sustainable software engineering products on time.
- 10+ years working with software engineering teams in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Expert level experience in working with front-end technologies; including React, npm, gulp, SCSS,etc.
- Experience with efficient client-side integration with external APIs, including GraphQL and Restful services in a high-performance ecosystem.
- Demonstrated agile delivery expertise with particular excellence in estimation and planning
- Extensive demonstrated experience testing your applications ,including writing unit tests, test automation, and working closely with quality assurance teams.
- Expertise in developing and delivering scalable and reusable solutions.
- Expertise in working with cloud solutions such as Amazon AWS desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provides leadership, teambuilding, and mentoring to the team
- Expertise in troubleshooting and monitoring of overall code quality.
- Able to develop and enforce standards and expectations for teams.
- Understands and has experience resource planning and managing people
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational ,and prioritization skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated attitude, and willing to take initiative
- High interest in technology and continuous learning
- Experience working with external personnel and vendors
- Ability to collaborate with engineering management and teams across the organization to establish, enforce and maintain engineering standards and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Beachbody, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
We want you to feel safe to be the Whole You – your authentic self – without concern of discrimination, retaliation, or bias. We are committed to fighting for equality, growing our diversity, and holding ourselves accountable for inclusion. Just as our employees, coaches, and partners commit to wellness and helping others, we are committed to creating a culture and community of holistic acceptance and belonging.
To all recruitment agencies: Beachbody does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Beachbody employees, or any other company location. Beachbody is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.