We are looking for a Senior Full-stack Engineer with 3+ years of relevant experience , you'll be expected to work directly on our product. We expect you to write well-architected, tested, secure and scalable code as part of a team of a few other engineers. You'll have a lot of autonomy over your own schedule and you'll work together with product managers, designers, and front-end engineers to solve common goals.
We value your skills and abilities more than your resume. Here's what we look for:
Qualities we look for:
- You have raw intellectual horsepower and ability to learn quickly
- You over-communicate by default and over-document your work
- Passion for productivity tools and supporting power users
- You know how to get along with many personalities and adapt to their style of communication
- You're on top of your personal productivity and can see when others need help meeting a deadline
- You have an Engineering background
You'll be responsible to:
- Engage through our ticketing system
- Develop resolutions to root causes of common problems
- Monitor and addressing support tickets
- Update documentation to help customers better understand the platform
- Build customer-facing tools and applications
- Provide feedback to product/engineering teams
- Assist in the development of internal support tools and interfaces
- Handle customer-facing communication of platform incidents
- Communicate/escalate customer issues to other internal teams
- Over time, become an expert in specific product areas to be able to address and champion these issues directly
- Participate in forums and discussions
- 3+ years of experience as a Customer support engineer in a SaaS/enterprise software company
- 3+ years of experience in web application support using technologies such as
- NodeJS, React
- Containers and related technologies
- Performance monitoring tools such as Splunk.
- Understanding of Cloud application architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of support operations and processes like SLAs, severity/priority definitions, etc
This role requires working in 24x7 rotational shifts including nights and weekends and periodic on-call support rotation based on customer/business needs.
You should be a great communicator and culture maintainer:
- Take a look at our culture document: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1KkrWIbyjE-ZNHl5CFNbGjneuY-Z-mSERS_Ymnpt_o-E/edit
- We value over-communication and candid feedback and want to build a no-bs culture
Values that are important to us:
- You're data-driven and customer-focused
- You measure your results & automate when possible
- You get 10% better at something every week
- You have an internal compass and take accountability & initiative
- You thrive in globally distributed, 100% remote teams
You'll be working with
- Puppeteer, Walrus.ai, Slack, Notion, Github, Intercom, Jira
Fireflies.ai is an AI that joins meetings and takes notes automatically. Product demo. We integrate with the leading platforms: Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Webex, Slack, Salesforce, & more (full list). We’re a US-based, AI company that is building a 100% remote team. Today we have over 60 employees in 5 countries around the world. Our engineering team is 30+ senior engineers. We were featured on Forbes for Gartner’s top 25 enterprise software startups to watch in 2020. We skyrocketed from a few thousand users to almost 100,000 users in 2020.
Fireflies.ai has raised $19 million from top-tier investors including Canaan and angels from Slack, Dropbox, Amazon and Salesforce. Read more here: https://yourstory.com/2019/10/funding-startup-fireflies-enterprise-assistant-canaan-partners
You'll be working with Sam Udotong, CTO @ Fireflies.ai. Sam graduated from MIT in 2016 where he studied computer science and aerospace engineering. He and his co-founder Krish were featured as the cover of Entrepreneur magazine in Sept 2020.
He's been a speaker at the MIT AI Conference 2020 alongside industry leaders like Richard Socher and Sal Khan. He's guest lectured at Stanford for their intro to AI class. Sam is scrappy & committed - he and Krish bootstrapped the company for 3 years, eating Soylent and Domino's pizza almost every day. Being Scrappy as an Entrepreneur (Product Demo). He rejected Harvard Business School to build Fireflies. Sam's goal is to build a multi-regional, boundary-less engineering team that has A+ productivity & communication such that when you go to sleep, you can hand off work and when you wake up, work has already moved forward. If we do these first principles well, we can theoretically build the best engineering organisation in the world.
We want to transform how people communicate and work. Come work with us if you share the below values and want to work on hard engineering challenges that will actually make a difference in the lives of people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly value diversity at our company, because our team will be stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.