Job SummaryThe IT Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing IT projects considering scope, planning, resources and budget with a global approach. To accomplish this, the PM will follow the PMO’s direction regarding standards, methodology, and tools which will allow them to manage and deliver artifacts to successfully complete the planning, execution, testing, go live and post go live project phases/milestones.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Facilitates and coordinates requirement elicitation, completion, review and final sign off from all key stakeholders
- Confirms allocation and engages project team resources and/or works with the resources managers to on board external resources as stated in the business case.
- Works with vendors and engages third party resources as needed
- Facilitates and documents RACI and change control process. Setup collaboration, Jira and other tools for the project team.
- Facilitates and confirms KPI to measure project success post go live
- Locks down scope
- Kickoff the project
- Gathers estimates, documents the project plan, and communicates the Go live date
- Tracks project budget spend and assures alignment with approved funding
- Schedule, prepares material and facilitates tactical and leadership meetings to report status and progress
- Tracks and documents risk/actions/issues/dependencies and formulates mitigation plans as needed
- Facilitates, documents and gets sign off for deployment, communication, training and business readiness plans.
- Tracks that testing plans and preparation is documented and executed.
- Coordinates and facilitates execution of dry runs as needed
- Prepares, schedules and facilitates leadership approvals for cut over activities
- Manage go live activities and addresses situations and other issues in a timely manner and effectively
- Leads Hypercare efforts, conducts and document Lessons learned and facilitates hands off to regular operations.
- Coordinates with the Business relationship manager the review benefits realization
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of applicable experience in managing project deliveries. eCommerce experience a plus
- 3 years of demonstrated experience managing medium to large IT project efforts
- PMI certification (PMP) desired
- Formal training or experience working with MS Project, MPP tools, JIRA , Sharepoint and Visio
- Solid understanding of project and portfolio management, including knowledge of various project methodologies (agile, waterfall)
- Infrastructure and IT software acumen
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills to coordinate at all levels (associates and executives)
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has ability to manage and prioritize concurrent work assignments
- Leadership skills to manage associates and other parties in a matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage relationships and to deal with conflicts in a professional and objective manner
- Must be able to learn new tools and processes quickly and effectively.
- Ability to effectively manage vendor, contractor and business partner relationships during the project duration; clear understanding of key accounting concepts (capitalization vs. expense)
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation