Sr. Firmware Developer
Sorry, but it’s closed
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
Join the Product team at Soofa, where we have designed an incredibly powerful platform from the ground up for making cities more equitable, social, and accessible. You will tackle hard problems here—for our customers, our company, and our partners—and you will get to see the light in their eyes when you do it. We are a tightly knit strike team who is passionate about 'moving the needle' with innovative technology, making data-driven decisions, and pushing the boundaries of our expertise. We get to wrestle with cutting-edge technology spanning multiple disciplines all day long— the Internet of Things, electronic paper, solar power generation and storage, proprietary sensing methodologies, AND MORE!
Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join us!
Get in at the ground floor of a new initiative here at Soofa. As the most senior hardware developer at the company, you will be instrumental to the design and implementation of a brand new hardware component which will bring our product into a new era. You will write the first lines of code and have major input into the specifications of what will be a major responsibility of our team for years to come.
- Thoughtfully and deliberately gather and organize requirements
- Design innovative solutions
- Write great code
- Writes maintainable and cross platform C and Python code
- You have deep experience in a low-power environment
- Opinionated about microcontrollers and OS environments — you know the right tool for the job
- Experience wrangling connectivity, cellular, wifi, bluetooth
- Determined and focused debugging and testing skills
- Experience in cloud environments
- 4+ years of production programming experience
- Experience with acronymical protocols: SPI, I2C, UART, TCP, HTTP
- Agile and Scrum, know it and love it
- Experience with common micro-controller peripherals and driver development
Bonus Points For
- Implemented an OTA firmware update system from scratch
- Can point out electrical schematic errors to a hardware person
- Experience with solar, batteries and/or power electronics
- Particle experience
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.