Location: New York City
At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, we have offices in London and New York, and this position will ideally be based out of our NY office; however, we are open to remote work for the right candidate (subject to your existing legal right to work in either jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy and run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
The Product Designer is responsible for supporting the execution of the visual and design system strategy for product design needs. You’ll work collaboratively with designers, engineers, PMs, researchers, and leadership to understand opportunities and define problems, devise and test solutions, and implement elegant and functional products for our users.
Who You Are
- Visual: A sharp eye for elevating the minimal aesthetic of our product that empowers users for streamlined, efficient work. You have a deep understanding of colors and layouts, especially in the context of financial information visualization and designing for white-labelled products.
- Worked With Enterprise Design Systems: Familiar with atomic design principles and developing a library of versatile elements for enterprise products
- User-centered: Always optimizing user experiences, emerging and current
- Designs with numbers in mind: From a high attunement for grid units to representation of information in stock tickers, currency movement, and other financial instruments
- Collaborative: Thoughtfully iterates designs through collaboration and feedback
- Work through all phases of the design process to develop user flows, wireframes, UI and prototypes for product updates, redesigns, white-labels and new product releases
- Help scale the design system and take initiative to elevate the style, organization and versatility of components
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, brand and leadership to synthesize priorities and feedback for designs, weigh development options and bring designs to life
- Design for user needs and challenges, streamlining user journeys
You'll Like It Here If
- You have experience working on enterprise workspace products
- You know how to cut through the clutter and design for simplicity that empowers the user
- Personable, communicative, and always looking for the best way to meet user needs
- Prioritizes and manages workload well
- Responsible and takes initiative on what needs to be done
- Two to three years professional experience as a Product Designer
- Bachelors in Design or a related field
- Strong portfolio showcasing UI/UX work on complex enterprise desktop applications
- Fluency in Figma and other UI prototyping tools
- Strong understanding of information visualization
- Bonus: Experience designing for PC desktop applications
- Bonus: Experience working in the Fintech space
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our offices and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.