Information International Associates (IIA) employees 300 IT systems designers, developers, mission specialists and security professionals serving government, academic, and private entities from its offices in McLean, VA, Oak Ridge, TN, Dayton, OH, Alexandria, VA, and the UK.
Information International Associates (IIA) is in search of a Quality Assurance for Application Testing candidate for the DOE Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI) in Oak Ridge, TN. This position is currently remote but the position may change to full-time onsite.
Applicant selected will need to be a U.S. citizen and subject to a government background investigation.
Provide expertise to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI) related to the software quality assurance of OSTI-built web applications, including a major electronic workflow system for scientific and technical information and multiple public-facing search portals for dissemination of information. This position will focus quality assurance and security testing. Requires manual testing from the end-user perspective, evaluating the behavior of applications after upgrades and changes, the execution of multiple test cases across browsers, working closely with the development team to understand test requirements, and completing pre-and post-deployment tests. This position is currently remote. Position may change to full-time onsite.
- Perform quality assurance efforts for multiple application releases, monitoring testing activities and key deliverables.
- Establish and refine processes to improve efficiency and quality.
- Contribute to and maintain test cases and strategies (cross-browser testing, multiple user scenarios, API integration testing) to satisfy release deliverables, project testing requirements and other quality assurance considerations.
- Work closely with developers and management to understand how product changes affect maintenance of test cases and the QA testing requirements and that issues/defects are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Work closely with developers to establish a testing feedback loop.
- Contribute to written policies/procedures for application testing and assist in maintaining compliance documentation as needed.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to developers and others as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- Experience with API and front-end quality assurance testing preferred.
- Experience in software or web application quality assurance testing preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four year university in Information Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field OR equivalent relevant experience preferred.
- Familiarity with multiple web browsers (versions should include current and two (2) versions prior to the current version), including Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies desirable.
- Familiarity with entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with JIRA or similar project tracking software preferred.
- Experience working in an agile project management environment desirable.
- Mobile application testing experience desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Organized and detail-oriented; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to interpret technical requirements and translate to others
- Excellent culture fit and ability to collaborate with the team
IIA is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.