Network Security WAF Engineer
Pacific Life Insurance Company
Sorry, but it’s closed
Pacific Life is investing in bright, agile and diverse talent to contribute to our mission of innovating our business and creating a superior customer experience. We’re actively seeking a skilled Network Security WAF Engineer to join our Enterprise Security Systems in Newport Beach, CA. This role can be on-site or 100% remote.
This is a hands-on technical job. The successful candidate will develop, support, tune and deploy Imperva Web Application Firewall solutions. The engineer will ensure the risks to the organization’s information posed by a variety of cyber threats are minimized. When security events occur, this person will ensure these incidents are dealt with promptly and effectively and that steps are taken to prevent them from reoccurring. This person will also collaborate with our corporate security team to design and build security controls to protect our environment.
How you will make an impact:
- Engineering, deployment, and operations of Web Application Firewall security solutions and integration of those platforms with other security solutions as required
- Performing hands-on Web Application Firewall deployment, configuration, policy fine-tuning and maintenance
- Create WAF rules/signatures to mitigate threats and implements best practices
- Manage and oversee day to day activities of Imperva WAF and ensure adherence to enterprise standards in project execution methodology, requirements gathering, quality assurance and continuous improvement
- Configure and implement Advanced Bot Protection, Account Takeover and Client-Side Protection
- Perform analysis and develop advanced alerts/reports to meet the requirements of key stakeholders
- Develop automation for security tools management and workflow integration
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within Information Security and Engineering teams to develop specific use cases to address specific business needs
- Create and implement custom alerting dashboards in SIEM for investigations
- Work extensively with different stakeholders for tuning WAF policies or creating custom signatures
- Provide ongoing support to existing monitoring capabilities and data collection systems
- Prepare runbook and training with Operations and Product Management team
- Participate in security incident response efforts by directing first responders to triage an event and performing advanced response actions for escalated events.
- Participate in IT security audits. Responds to existing audits and ensures required controls are implemented as required.
- Build strong relationships outside of IT to understand business needs. Communicate complex details in a way that people can understand. Advocate for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the products, empathizing with and understanding user needs.
The experience you will bring:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of solid technical skills and experience with Imperva WAF solution including deployment, configuration, policy fine-tuning and maintenance
- Solid understanding of web applications, web servers, application firewalls, frameworks and protocols with respect to web application development, deployment, and operation
- Extensive knowledge of web technologies and concepts
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, web protocols and networking concepts
- Expertise in one or more areas such as operating systems, web services, programming languages, network devices, application vulnerabilities and attack vectors
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing log files and data correlation
- Experience with managing Web/Application Servers
- Excellent understanding of OWASP Risks, Vulnerabilities and Mitigation Mechanisms
- Experience with Web Application Firewall management and rules
- Well-versed in system exploits
- Excellent understanding of DDoS techniques and mitigation mechanisms
- Excellent understanding of Cyber Security Operations, Incident Response processes
- Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to translate technical requirements and challenges to leadership.
- One or more of the following certifications: GSEC, CEH, CISSP, CISA, GCIH, OSCP, AWS/Azure security
More reasons to join:
At Pacific Life, the work we do matters. We work passionately each day to drive our company forward while enjoying job security, flexible scheduling, and great opportunities for career growth.
If you’re seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that’s all too rare at a Fortune 500 Company, Pacific Life is the place for you. If you are a self-starter who appreciates creativity and individuality in your colleagues – even better. We look forward to receiving your application.
You belong at Pacific Life
At Pacific Life we believe you belong. We foster a culture of belonging, a space where all employees are empowered to be authentic. We embrace and celebrate diversity, create a culture of equity and inclusion, and value and respect every employee.
In 2020, we demonstrated agility and swiftly shifted to a working-from-home environment with little to no disruption. Going forward, we will move toward a hybrid, digital-first workplace that encompasses flexible work policies, inclusive space design, and innovative technology solutions. At Pacific Life, we are pioneering a trail and challenging the status quo to build the next normal.
Want to learn more about life at Pacific Life? Take an inside look at our company culture: Instagram.com/lifeatpacificlife. #LI-AJ1
How We Help You Succeed:
We’re fostering a culture of shared values across our company by providing generous compensation and comprehensive benefits that allow our employees to find fulfillment and security in personal life and career alike. These include:
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Work-Life Balance & Flexible Scheduling
Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment to investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
Generous PTO and holiday pay
Warm Colleagues & Inspiring Culture
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.