*Remote/WFH eligible position
Software Engineer III (Level 4)
Your Dream. Our Team.
We’re transforming the Department of Defense and we know that takes a dream team.
We believe customer experience starts with employee experience, so we take care of our employees.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, invest in employee growth, and offer a culture you can’t find anywhere else.
At Rise8, we continuously achieve unreached heights through next-level tech, and on-the-level collaboration. Together, we create continuous impact. Together, we turn breakdowns into breakthroughs, make small steps into giant leaps, and deliver game-changing products through culture-changing process.
We pair Risers with their customer counterparts and practice pairing at every moment to elevate people and teams and deliver results fast and forever.
We work in small teams and rotate between them frequently so that we are able to meet new challenges and explore new ideas.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. We subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project and are guided by a purposeful mission: to continuously deliver impactful software that users love.
Rise8 is certified as a Great Place to Work with 100% of employees saying they love working here.
You want to make tomorrow better than today.
You enjoy daily decision making and real product delivery on a balanced team of product management, design, and engineering.
You help ensure project success and client satisfaction.
You enjoy collaborative teams, pairing with team members, and inviting your clients to participate.
You like to work alongside, and learn from, lean and agile leaders.
You are a creative problem solver who is comfortable with uncertainty and can lead the design effort to make better product decisions.
You’re a curious and keen learner who thrives on enhancing your (and our) practices and knowledge.
“Regardless of your specific discipline, your role at Rise8 is to experiment and learn.”
-Bryon Kroger, Founder & CEO
At Rise8, we’re in the business of inspiring culture by enabling clients to ruthlessly prioritize end-user value to build, test, and deliver regularly, consistently, and quickly as possible.
You will work with clients who have never before taken part in design thinking, test-driven-development (TDD), paired programming, continuous-release deployment, backlog management, or even interacted with the user they provide software to.
You will teach the why behind each of these practices, be flexible to client preferences, and discover new tools that will enable your customer to understand the value that comes with agile software development.
You will be responsible for learning how your client likes to learn, how they like to receive feedback, and what ubiquitous language they use so you can speak in terms that resonate with them.
You will learn, teach, and change your approach constantly to best collaborate towards a new way of thinking about engineering.
You will pair with the customer’s developers and engineers to teach them how to develop and deliver user stories that provide business value, technical feasibility, and user-driven functionality. You will deliver functionality by developing working software and ensure a reliable software solution.
You will ensure that development is delivered week over week and continuously gauge feedback from real users in real time.
You will be pairing with military service people and other developers to deliver value in real time.
You will be responsible for building and testing software solutions and ensuring the team builds upon what we provide not only technically but what we can teach through our practices.
You will work with a balanced team in mind while building software that fits the user needs, business objectives, and stakeholder vision so the team can quickly make informed engineering decisions based on validated assumptions.
Are you #readytorise?
$153,000 - $175,000
- 3-6 years of Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Spring Boot, React.JS , or Redux
- Experience with both frontend and backend
- Experience with API development
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You have a good understanding of algorithms, databases, design patterns, and understand how to apply them
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Experience in training, mentoring and/or upskilling engineers
- Experience developing cloud-native applications
- Experience leading a product or development team
- Experience building and deploying in a continuous delivery environment
- Experience working directly with clients
- Strong facilitation skills
- Experience with DoD, especially at a DoD "Software Factory"
- Experience at Pivotal Labs
- Security Clearance
- Insurance. We cover 100% of the employee-only premium and 80% of the combined dependent premium. We also cover 100% of the premium for employee and dependent Dental and Vision as well as employee premiums for Life and Disability coverage.
- Retirement. 401k match at 10% gross pay.
- Paid time off (PTO). 4 weeks combined accrued vacation and sick leave, 10 Federal holidays, your birthday, jury duty, and bereavement.
- Education & Training. Accrued budget of up to $4,000 per year for classes, travel, events, and materials.
- Wellness Budget. To encourage and support a well-rounded healthy lifestyle, we cover 50% reimbursement on a variety of wellness activities and products, up to $500 per calendar year.
- Equipment. We offer a MacBook Pro, multi-port adapter, and USB-C CAC reader to all employees.
Rise8 is going to transform the Department of Defense and we know that takes a dream team! The customer experience starts with the employee experience, so we take care of our employees. We offer competitive pay and benefits, invest in employee growth, and offer a culture you can’t find anywhere else. We look forward to having you on the team!
Please Note: All of Rise8’s work in this area is with Federal Government customers that require our employees involved with their projects be U.S. citizens. As such, this role requires U.S. citizenship. If hired, you would also be required to go through a background investigation for Public Trust Clearance. Ability to obtain a Secret or Top Secret Clearance preferred.
Rise8 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider you for this role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.