HELPING YOU BE WELL, GET WELL AND STAY WELL
As one of New Jersey’s largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A’s in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua’s Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Time Type:Full time
Work Shift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:40
The Project Administrator utilizes program management to provide oversight and deliver projects that optimize Virtua investments, as well as manage the Digital Portfolio, processes, and work groups to support the Virtua’s Digital Strategic Imperatives.
Responsible for the coordination of work efforts, team members, and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Assesses all resource needs, creating and managing the budgets for assigned projects. Leads all phases of the project life cycle including spearheading vendor contract reviews, managing and documenting project phase tollgate reviews through project execution and closure.
- Analyze and aligns related projects in a program to ensure they are appropriately scoped and sequenced based on dependencies to derive maximum business benefit
- Monitors and coordinates dependencies across projects in the program to create efficiencies and resolve conflicts
- Ensures projects in a program have key performance indicator (KPI) metrics defined for project success
- Facilitates the development of project/program charters and integrated timelines to provide risk assessments and issue escalations
- Leads projects as assigned using sound project management methodology through all phases of the project life cycle
- Plans and implements all aspects of project processes including project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communication, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management including but not limited to:
- Engaging project stakeholders to identify and plan project scope
- Planning and managing the project schedule
- Developing and controlling the project budget
- Developing and executing a communications plan
- Identifying risks and planning mitigation/exploitation strategies
- Managing project issues and escalating as appropriate
- Organizing and managing a diverse matrixed-reporting project team
- Along with designated operational project sponsors, leads project governance groups to ensure projects remain on budget, schedule, and scope
- Manages and implements projects according to scope, plan, and budget using appropriate resources (staff, system training, consulting, and equipment) and templates
- Leads vendor selection process including identification of critical success factors, develops requests for information (RFI) and manages vendor demos in conjunction with the Virtua Support Services department
- Coordinates vendor contract reviews according to Virtua policy and process
- Leverages Virtua’s tools and procedures for sound project management
- Works with various Virtua clinical and support departments to effectuate projects, including but not limited to VMG, IT, Legal, Marketing, HR, and Finance
Business Relationship Management
- Develops and fosters relationships with councils, stakeholders, and functional areas to gain a deep understanding or project needs, and to serve as their advocate and liaison within the DTO
- Leads regular interactions with key business stakeholders and operational leadership to inform, alert, negotiate, and maintain strong relationships and shared vision for the project/program outcomes
- Understands and translates customer business requirements and goals to applicable groups to best align project delivery
- Serves as the customer point of contact for assigned projects
Tracking and Reporting
- Authors and distributes project specific status reporting on Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics, schedule, budget, scope, risk, and issue variances
- Coordinates communication and matrixed-support of projects/programs
- Monitors and maintains project/program statuses to ensure accuracy and transparency for Dashboards and Analytics to reflect program, demand, and capacity
- Maintains project documentation within existing project management tools, such as MS Project and MS SharePoint
- Works with DTO and functional areas to balance the availability of required skills across multiple projects within a program
- Develops and maintains Program roadmap, including demand and resource management
- Solicits voice of the customer from internal Virtua team members
- Keeps current in project management methodology trends
- Participates in the development and continuous improvement of departmental processes, procedures, and tools
- Provides after hours support as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 4-6 years of project management experience, healthcare background preferred
- Knowledgeable regarding the business of health care (clinical, operational, and financial), the flows of information, and emerging technologies
- Experience with MS Project, SharePoint, and MS Office
- Must have proven leadership skills and an Agile, positive, flexible approach
- Must be able to work with diverse groups of clinicians and administrative personnel
- Must be able to function autonomously and as part of a team
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and multiple priorities in a busy, decentralized, multi-entity environment
- Must be an excellent role model with a commitment to quality and with the ability to convey confidence in project methodology
- Must have excellent presentation and speaking skills
- Must have excellent written communication, and organizational skills
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Marketing, Information Services, Computer Science, Business, or Hospital Administration is required
- Applicable healthcare experience may be substituted if the degree is in a different field
- Graduate degree preferred
Training / Certification / Licensure:
- PMP certification preferred