Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Network Security Architect.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Provide expertise for the Network Security Architecture function of the global Network Services team, working closely with the Network Architecture Lead and Regional Network Operations Leads to contribute to the network strategy, manage roadmaps for the region, and execute the implementation in conjunction with partners inside and outside Takeda using next-generation SASE network design principles.
- Participate in the design and development of Takeda’s Zero Trust network Architecture, including a consolidated, software-defined global WAN leveraging Cisco Viptela, a secure web gateway for end-users leveraging Zscaler, a seamless global wireless network, and an integrated solution for public cloud access, all proactively monitored using cutting-edge network management tools such as SolarWinds, Aternity, LiveNX, and NetBrain.
- Collaborate with a global team of network architects who interface with regional network leads, security architects, enterprise architects, data center and cloud architects, application owners, and external vendors.
- Contribute to developing KPIs pertaining to availability, utilization, latency, and service-level agreements to the business.
- Work closely with security and risk teams to ensure Takeda employs security best practices, including logging, privileged user management
- In conjunction with other stakeholders, develop operational documentation and diagrams, design and build device configuration templates, automate device deployments and changes, and contribute to the overall stability and standardization of the network environment.
- Act as a global subject matter expert in network security architecture with Zscaler, Cisco, and Palo Alto, Checkpoint solutions, partnering with both business and IT functions to provide domain expertise and best practices that contribute to superior business outcomes.
- Participate in and help lead large-scale strategic initiatives, such as Ansible, PaloAlto Cisco SD-WAN, Zscaler, and tool/automation implementation to advance the company’s overall network security architecture and improve business outcomes.
- Contribute to projects consisting of analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise-class, next-generation systems, including the creation of maintenance and release strategies, that align with Takeda’s Cloud Right approach and aligning to global architecture strategies from the Offices of the CTO and CSO.
- Use strong interpersonal and technical skills to build effective professional working relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside of IT, partnering on solutions that align to Takeda’s overall business and IT strategies and provide an exceptional end-user experience.
- Act as the point of escalation in the incident and problem management processes, driving the network architecture team to create processes for continuous improvement in network design.
- Work with the Network Transformation Lead to identify, define, and implement service-level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs), including trend data, to that demonstrate the impact of network services on key aspects of the end-user experience, including availability, performance, security, operational response.
- Partner with key vendors responsible for monitoring and managing the operational environment, including participation in the incident, problem, configuration, change, and release management processes with demonstrable, metric-based continuous improvement.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Strong customer service focus, coupled with a proven ability to positively interact with customers of all levels within the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, supported by excellent written and oral communication
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and technical leadership, with the ability to effectively multitask
- Direct a globally integrated team of network architects, to develop, deliver future state, agile, and next-generation architecture which meets or exceed established service levels with a focus on operational excellence and continual improvement.
- Promote business-focused, cost-effective solutions across network and telecommunications service offerings
- Communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal formats with our business customers, suppliers, and partners
- Create documented strategies, diagrams, and operating procedures in alignment with Enterprise Architecture principles for implementation by the network engineering teams
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Experience with planning, building, and maintaining a global network security architecture (WAN, LAN, VoIP, Collaboration, Security, and Wireless) with more than 100 sites, 10K nodes, and 70K users in a heterogeneous technology environment
- Experience with complex security topologies in an environment, including PaloAlto, Cisco ASA, Cisco ISE, Checkpoint, and similar
- Experience with next-generation software-defined architectures (SDN/SD-WAN) such as Cisco Viptela
- Experience with complex routing and wireless environments
- Experience with WAN acceleration technologies, such as Riverbed Steelhead
- Experience with network management and monitoring tools such as Cisco DNA, Cisco Prime, SolarWinds, NetBrain, LiveNX, Gigamon, Splunk, and Panorama
- Experience managing business and technology risk mitigation methodology
- Experience designing and implementing network architectures with long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans that are aligned with organizational goals and objectives
- Develop detailed plans to accommodate network growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing the functionality of network equipment. Ensure secure network architecture designs by adhering to information security standards. Provide technical leadership and direction to business leaders throughout the enterprise
- Proven ability to meet project commitments and operational SLAs, day-to-day priorities are managed, and expectations are clearly set with Network Services internal customers and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to develop infrastructure lifecycle management strategies to manage performance, capacity, availability, reliability, and new service introduction of network infrastructure services.
- Demonstrated leadership and technical mastery across all aspects of the infrastructure portfolio listed
- Proven ability to partner with infrastructure, security, application, and business leaders to provide technology solutions that respond to rapid changes in the business and ensure the exceptional end-user experience
- 8+ years experience as a network architect and a minimum of last 5 years supporting large scale enterprise networks
- Demonstrated network management, network architecture, and people management skills
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required
- A collaborative mindset is an absolute must
- Position may be remote
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.