Senior Software Engineer
Sorry, but it’s closed
Millions of people around the world depend on Surfline Wavetrak’s products to enrich their experiences in and around the ocean. For 35 years, our company has connected people with the ocean. Starting with surfers and expanding to offshore cruisers, anglers and a myriad of other boating, fishing and surfing enthusiasts, we’ve made it our mission to deliver peak maritime experiences. We provide those who work and play in the ocean with all the advanced tools, personalized insights and immersive content to make their lives better -- supplying them with the information they need to make smarter decisions, seek out new experiences and gain valuable knowledge.
At Surfline\Wavetrak, we do great work from anywhere. This ranges from our office in Plymouth, to across the globe. This position is eligible to be based from a variety of locations, including full-time remote.
Surfline Wavetrak's Software Engineers define the technologies that have a direct impact on how millions of surfers and ocean enthusiasts explore, connect and interact with forecast data, presented in an easy-to-read manner. After all, we want anyone who uses the ocean to be in the right place at the right time. Because time is precious.
At Surfline Wavetrak, we want to build exciting next-generation features that connect people to the ocean. As a Senior Engineer, you'll be developing a number of our core product experiences, and working across multiple brands. You’ll be taking complex initiatives and devising great technical solutions. The processes and APIs use a broad set of languages and tools, so you’ll be able to up-skill in unfamiliar languages and SDKs.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a team of 4 Software Engineers and 1 Product Manager on the development of surf and marine forecasting products, helping to drive best practices and build production-quality software
- Write efficient, clean, readable, testable code and systems with a focus on observability and monitoring
- Collaborate with other team members, through pair / mob programming and peer review
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to other software engineers
What We’re Looking For:
- Production experience with Node.js
- Experience managing infrastructure as code
- Production experience with AWS (including ECS)
- Production experience with Linux (including Bash scripting)
- Experience with at least one testing framework
You May Also Have:
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Apache AirFlow
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with PHP
What You’ll Get Back:
We’re proud of our engineering culture at Surfline Wavetrak. There’s a reason why our engineers are motivated to bring their passion to work every day: We empower people to do what they do best. The rewards are something we like to shout about. Here’s just a few:
- Professional & personal development through our weekly department-wide tech-talks
- Flexible schedules/work-life balance (when it's on, we are on it)
- Work from anywhere
- Generous holiday and paid time off
Inclusion at Surfline Wavetrak:
Surfline Wavetrak believes the ocean is for everyone, that the magic of riding waves should be shared by all, and diversity and inclusion must be reflected in everything we do. In fact, the company is committed to making surfing a more inclusive culture, lifestyle, and community.
We are dedicated to bringing people together across the globe, and we champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity. Surfline Wavetrak recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, and any other protected status.