Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Etsy is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager who's passionate about Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) on Cloud environments, and will help lead our Release Engineering team.
Our team empowers Etsy engineers with tools, infrastructure, and practices for fast, simple, and reliable ways to release code to etsy.com (which happens over 100 times a week!)
We believe that code is craft and that engineering management is craft as well. This is a full-time role based in Brooklyn, NY, or remote with the United States.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
- Responsible for managing a team of 6 to 8 engineers
- Serves as a coach, mentor, and advocate for the engineers on your team.
- Is an advocate across engineering teams for good CI/CD practices.
- Partners with others to improve all aspects of our current release process.
- Participates in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent
- You understand how releases fit into the development lifecycle and how a smooth workflow supports development teams.
- You are experienced in providing leadership and vocal advocacy of CI/CD to engineering organizations.
- You are experienced with running scalable and reliable CI/CD systems and processes.
- You are comfortable with cloud infrastructure and services (Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure).
Additional InformationWhat's Next
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.