ELLKAY, the “Healthcare Data Plumbers”
ELLKAY is a nationwide leader in health care data interoperability delivering innovative solutions that support the data migration needs of all members of the healthcare ecosystem. ELLKAY is playing a vital role in helping healthcare organizations access and share data among disparate systems. We are recognized by our e-health industry partners, independent medical group practices, hospitals and health systems, laboratories, and payers as the “Healthcare Data Plumbers” that make data migration and interoperability possible.
Our 'Client-first' focus has made ELLKAY one of the most respected healthcare IT companies in the nation. We value our clients and believe that strong relationships are the foundation for a strong company, and we're dedicated to providing connectivity to the healthcare industry.
Company Culture: We deal with medical data and we take our work very seriously, but not ourselves. If you’re a smart, hard-working, dedicated individual who thrives in a laidback, friendly work environment, ELLKAY may be the place for you. We’re committed to attracting good people who are passionate about the work they do.
ELLKAY was founded over a decade ago on the values of innovation, efficiency, and service created in a collaborative work culture. As we have grown, we are proud to still possess the same energy and passion for what we do. We strive to provide exceptional customer experiences to our clients, which begins with first employing amazing people. ELLKAY is proud to maintain a high-quality, innovative, and diverse workforce.
The Agile Scrum Master helps oversee the scrum and development teams and is responsible for assisting our Product Managers with ongoing software development projects, scrum process improvements, coordination of tasks with multiple teams, and removing impediments to ensure team progress and timely delivery of high-value results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor, and coach the scrum teams in Agile methodology and following scrum practices
- Prioritize projects and development tasks with guidance from Product Manager
- Assist with and coach team on removing roadblocks and impediments to aid in the team’s progress
- Help the Product Owners to manage product backlog effectively and achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead and mentor the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Guide the scrum team in addressing complex problems with agility
- Communicate effectively to set expectations and provide status updates to Management, Operations, Support, Project Managers, and Clients, as needed
- Schedule & attend cross-functional project meetings, preparing agendas, taking notes, providing updates, etc.
- Create and manage product version documentation, including release notes and user guides
- Track, forecast and report on project progress including metrics and challenges
- Maintain project timeframes, objectives, acceptance criteria, and communications
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Experience with managing multiple projects and tasks using successful Agile techniques
- Proven success in guiding teams to meet project timelines and objectives
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum; and to know what is and is not scrum
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while maintaining a high degree of quality and accuracy
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Effective leadership skills with ability to analyze, make decisions, and think quickly, and to resolve conflict
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional communication skills - written, oral, and presentation
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Knowledge of healthcare data & workflows a must
- Flexible to work long hours as required to meet project deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of IT Project Management experience required
- Experience in healthcare industry strongly preferred
- Scrum Master experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience with SDLC processes required
- Experience in Laboratory environment preferred
- Proficient in JIRA and Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
This is a full-time position for our HQ located in Elmwood Park, NJ. Remote work may be available.
For more information on our company, visit www.ELLKAY.com.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with salary requirements and resume.
ELLKAY LLC is a Smoke-Free Workplace.