Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. From building a new product feature for our commerce platform, to helping a merchant troubleshoot an issue over the phone, we want to empower our ecosystem through our work.
Having a unified vision, a north star, is vitally important to ensure that we are all headed in the same direction. No matter the size or experience, we want to power every merchant’s experience. This is why we’re all here.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations across North America where Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Shopify's User Experience team is focused on enabling people to make commerce better at a global scale. With over 450 designers and content designers partnering closely with product managers, product researchers and developers working across the company, this team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow. The UX team at Shopify has the mission to make commerce better for everyone… everywhere!
As a Staff Product Designer, you’ll lead design projects of significant scope, complexity and responsibility in creative vision, strategy and execution, meaning limitless opportunities for you to turn your ideas into reality. You’ll work closely with teams to frame user needs and behaviour, define optimized user flow, and tweak pixels before launch. You’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary UX, product management and engineering team to deliver thoughtful and polished design work that is grounded in solid research and validation.
- Working with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, product researchers, content designers, fellow designers) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users
- Applying strategic thinking to visualize ideas and concepts and communicate them effectively and compellingly for internal stakeholders, partners and customers
- Using facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, partners and customers
- Building positive, collaborative relationships with product management, development, marketing, and the broader UX team, as well as continuously "raising the bar" as an effective leader of positive change
- Running design thinking workshops and helping to guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes
- Being an active mentor for senior designers, and helping lead critique, design reviews, and quarterly planning
- Expert knowledge of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product research
- A deep empathy for the user
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This posting will close on August 4th 2021