Certified Professional Coder (Medical Coder)
Sorry, but it’s closed
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Certified Professional Coder (Medical Coder) working at our Central Avenue Location (possibility for remote in Arizona). Reporting to the Manager of Transactional Claims, the ideal individual is flexible, compassionate and professional. The Medical Coder position is responsible for supporting the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) department with claims coding and billing review, best practices, coding recommendations and policy setting, and staff training and education.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. We engage people in whole person health through an integrated care delivery system, thus establishing a medical home for our patients. In caring for the whole person, we focus on overall wellness through physical health, mental health and substance use care. Our mission is to provide extraordinary care by empowered people through exceptional outcomes.
Recently awarded among Arizona’s Most Admired Companies in 2020 by AZ Big Media
Terros Health is hiring a Medical Coder at our Central Avenue location in Phoenix, AZ.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent; Bachelors degree preferred
5+ years’ experience in a coding and billing position
***May Work Remote Full or Part Time - In Arizona***
Offering Excellent Salary
Full Benefits, Including 401K and Generous PTO/PST (4+ weeks)
Medical Coder Duties Include:
- Ensuring that codes are assigned correctly and sequenced appropriately per government and insurance regulations
- Reviewing claims and configuration to ensure compliance with coding guidelines and best practices
- Reviewing patient charts, claims, and policies as needed to verify, correct and ensure accuracy of billable services
- Training and support to via claims team members and practitioners related to appropriate billing procedures and coding requirements
- Recommending and implementing strategic protocols for coding review and code modifications
- Collaborating with cross functional teams such as Compliance and Contracting
- Stay up to date on coding requirements and best practices, including to attend external trainings and meetings to proactively develop and implement forward thinking best practices
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
Apply with your resume at www.terroshealth.org
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certification in medical coding and billing (Preferred, not required)
- 5+ years’ experience in a coding and billing position
- Demonstrated knowledge of NextGen or similar EHR
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft suite, especially excel functions and tools.
- Must have a valid Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for one within 7 working days of assuming role.
- This role is a non-driving position. This position is performed at one location and does not require travel to various Terros Health centers. May be 18 years of age and with less than two years’ driving experience or no driving experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies.
- Must pass a TB Test.
Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COVID 19 Precautions:
Terros Health remains open for all our patients’ health and wellness needs. We have put in place many protocols to protect our employees and patients and to create a safe work environment. Visit our website to learn more: https://www.terroshealth.org/covid-19/