We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
At Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing in data and technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.
The Lead Identity and Access Management Engineer is a trusted advisor, thought leader who applies business, industry and technical knowledge in support of Thrivent's Identity and Access Management program. Provides input for Thrivent's IAM technology strategy with a focus on Identity. Coordinates with other teams to ensure quality solution delivery. Responsible for leading the implementation, execution and maintenance of IAM solutions to mitigate risk and drive business results. Provides thought leadership. Solves complex problems and provides leadership and technical guidance to less experience staff.
The Lead IAM Engineer will support the Information Security needs of Thrivent Financial in order to continually support and improve the technologies, procedures and controls within our Information Technology environment. The Lead IAM Engineer is viewed as an expert in Identity Management and has deep understanding of other technologies. The Lead IAM Engineer is responsible for the engineering and development function supporting the creation and maintenance of Thrivent's Identity Management solutions along with the associated architecture and standards that deliver enterprise-wide Information Security services for internal and external customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation, execution and maintenance of Identity Management technology solutions
- Demonstrate deep expertise in one or more IAM assets, information domains, technologies & platforms
- Provides thought leadership to mid-to-large sized efforts
- Solve complex problems; taking a new perspective using existing solutions
- Deliver the right results on initiatives in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and technical guidance to others with less experience to drive initiatives
- Accountable for getting work done through a team of individuals
- Proactively mitigate risks for Identity Management assets, technologies or platforms
- Communicate within IT and across the business to drive successful execution and maintenance of solutions
- Support change within the organization
- Able to work within a diverse team of skillsets and experience levels to deliver results
- Proactively mitigate risks for Identity Management assets, information domains, technologies & platforms
- Direct the work of others to lead initiatives for assigned assets, technologies, platforms, departments and vendors
- Understand and apply Thrivent Information Security Policies, standards, and processes to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability to Thrivent information and information systems.
- Provide SME support for Identity Management technologies in accordance with Thrivent security policies, standards, and SOP’s
- Support administration of Information Security policies, standards, and SOP’s
- Provide assistance with other IAM security technologies and support team members
- Support regulatory examinations and internal audits as needed
- Provide on-call support in support of IAM technologies
- Assist with training and mentoring of lower banded team members
- Ability to understand potential cyber threats and respond appropriately across all IT services, technologies and processes
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information security, business, mathematics or related field
- Ability to obtain Information Security Certification within the first 12 months (ex. CISSP, CISA, CRISC)
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Demonstrated leadership on mid-large scale projects impacting strategic priorities
- Experience with Oracle’s Identity Governance (OIG) technology Suite, Java, Java Script, Powershell and SQL is required
- Experience with other IAM technologies a plus
- Specific experience with ForgeRock Identity Cloud a plus
*This role can sit 100% remote
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.