Job Title:Competitive Intelligence (CI) Analyst
Role Overview:The McAfee Competitive Intelligence (CI) Analyst for Cloud Security is a technologist who works as part of the Portfolio Management (PM) team – responsible for providing technical competitive analysis for strategic planning and competitive positioning. You will conduct detailed technical analyses of top McAfee competitors, specifically focusing on cloud, hybrid cloud, and data center solutions for the enterprise (e.g., CNAPP, CSPM, CWPP, DevSecOps, Service Mesh Security, Serverless and Server Hardening, SASE, Zero Trust, SDN). This includes installing, configuring, and testing competitor equipment or software, documenting results, and disseminating the information in multiple formats. You will work with a cross-functional team comprising of Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Business Development, and Marketing. You will report to the Director of Competitive Intelligence.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Cloud Security CI questions and inquiries.
- Manage all technical aspects of competitive analysis for a given product line, including purchasing, installing, configuring, and maintaining competitor products and McAfee products.
- Disseminate technical findings while maintaining complete objectivity.
- Evaluate vendors and their corporate positioning.
- Work with marketing to develop sales-focused competitive collateral.
- Synthesize data and identify effects of competitive influences on McAfee products.
- Use a variety of security assessment tools such as Nessus, Spirent, and Metasploit.
- Help with, and participate in, product launches, product demonstrations, partner/customer conferences, and strategic planning sessions.
- Your background includes 5+ years of competitive intelligence or technical marketing experience, or related field.
- Successful track record working in the information security industry in a technical capacity.
- In-depth understanding of Cloud and Data Center Security with general cybersecurity and cloud security knowledge, and an understanding of Zero Trust and SASE principles.
- Security certification such as CISSP or CompTIA Security+ is a bonus.
- Experience configuring and installing Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac OS, and FreeBSD.
- Proficiency with virtualized server infrastructures for managing test environments.
- Expert on technical issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.
- Approximately 10% travel (when safe to do so).
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.