We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer with specialist expertise in Systems and Service Design. Your role will be to elevate the customer experience for Artsy’s business partners (B2B) and our customer base of experienced collectors (B2C).
As a Systems and Service Designer, you’ll be focussing on tools, systems and flows to design solutions across Artsy’s marketplace platform. Whether it’s supercharging aggregation or the discovery of the most in-demand artists and artworks, or evolving customer relations toward excellence. You’ll need to employ big-picture problem solving that considers the back and front of stage of our service with customer needs at its heart.
You’ll be part of the Product Design team. This team is embedded within a multidisciplinary Product group. As a Product group we are focused on creating engaging, frictionless UX&D solutions that empower collectors to discover new artists, stay up-to-date with the artists they collect and grow their art collection purposefully. Every Product Designer collaborates closely with Product owners, Data analysts, and Engineers to research, ship iteratively, shape the roadmap, and set a collective vision.
You’ll play an important role in bringing to life products and features that are valuable for people, consistent, and of the highest level of craft and execution. You’ll help to build Artsy’s design practice and you’ll bring to bear your deep knowledge and expertise to teach others about the role and value of Design. We’ll look to you to join the dots between different areas of the customer experience, bring new ideas and inject an infectious passion for design.
This is a fantastic opportunity to shape behavior change and customer experience within an emerging online marketplace in the Art world.
- Assist in leading the vision for user experience and the product as a whole by developing a cross-platform service approach.
- Map the service experience of users and design effective, graceful solutions that increase customer satisfaction and cost-effective delivery across our systems and tools.
- Design and evolve Artsy’s systems and tools that power Artsy’s platform. Enabling both strong customer relations with partners and collectors and providing the right data for a best in class user experience.
- Identify areas of projects where design, design thinking and service design would make a positive impact in line with the company’s strategic choices
- Work with product, engineering and data to create an experience that increases collector engagement, builds loyalty, and drives sales growth.
- Refine, test and iterate until solutions reach elegance in usability and efficiency in achieving outcomes that serve both the customer and the business.
- Contribute to the evolution of our design system to achieve a consistent, cohesive visual language across all user touch points.
- Conduct research, and use qualitative and quantitative data to identify important product insights and opportunities that can be translated into impactful design solutions by you and the team.
- Communicate with clarity your intent and rationale so as to influence stakeholders, build knowledge in the team and foster constructive criticism of your work.
- Facilitate and lead workshops, presentations and product reviews.
- Strengthen collaborative relationships between Design and other teams’ disciplines, inviting input and creating visibility into processes and work.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a service design role and/or design of systems and tools.
- You easily communicate and envision service concepts and ideas to team members, and stakeholders. You use a diverse set of methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touch-points of the service.
- You’re detail-oriented and have no problem managing details in support of a large initiative.
- You approach things systemically and are a natural at zooming out to see the big picture, then diving in to nail the important details. You get a lot of pleasure in seeing projects through.
- You’re passionate about growing people-first services. From value proposition to brand to customer experience to scale, you thrive in putting all of the pieces together.
- You’re fluent in designing native mobile applications and responsive web design.
- You’re proficient in a range of design and prototyping tools.
- Able to work cross-collaboratively, build empathy with others, and focus on common goals.
- You’re experienced in collaborating with designers and engineers on a shared design system, and understanding how to scale that system successfully.
- You’re experienced in shipping products and iterating towards improvement, while fostering a passionate curiosity to better understand the users.
- Able to line manage, guide and mentor less experienced designers in the team.
Preferred, not required:
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline (Systems Design, Business Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
- Experience with a global marketplace.
- Experience in coding HTML and CSS (understanding the concepts, no production-grade fluency required)
- Formal education in information technology and/or a communication design discipline
- A natural curiosity; a love of art.