Senior Learning Design Professional - Office, Agile or Remote Nationwide
Humana MarketPOINT, Inc.
Sorry, but it’s closed
DescriptionThe Senior Learning Design Professional uses instructional design, cognitive psychology and adult learning theory to determine the appropriate solution to a knowledge or performance gap. The Senior Learning Design Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
How We Value You
Benefits starting day 1 of employment
Competitive 401k match
Generous Paid Time Off accrual
Go365 perks for well-being
Where you Come In
The Senior Learning Design Professional analyzes content, organizes content, designs solutions, and writes storyboards, scripts, performance support, mobile learning and manuals and writes effective learning objectives and coordinates performance assessments to measure training effectiveness. Additionally, this role will be analyzing learning needs and partnering with subject matter experts to provide input for course content ensuring course materials are current and relevant to training needs.
- Designs and develops learning solutions for both new hire and existing associates to support role-based organizational needs
- Conducts needs analysis and use findings to develop learning solutions targeted to meet specific audience needs
- Uses a disciplined instructional design approach to create meaningful, memorable learning experiences
- Selects appropriate learning activities and methods to achieve objectives, and build those activities into a meaningful sequence
- Selects appropriate media for delivery (instructor-led training, e-learning, virtual, blended learning, etc.) to ensure learning needs are effectively and efficiently met
- Creates high quality solutions that are creative, engaging, instructionally sound, complete, and accurately convey learning concepts
- Identifies and validates content to be used in learning materials based on input from Operational business partners, such as subject matter experts or key performers
- Evaluates the success of learning solutions in terms of learning outcomes in collaboration with Operational metrics, performance change and business impact; identify trends and patterns in data
- Prepares facilitator support materials (i.e. power point slides, leader/facilitator guides, learning activities, evaluation tools, etc.) and conduct “train-the-trainer” sessions to ensure effective delivery and engaging learning experiences
- Facilitates content when and where as appropriate
- Manages annual course review process: establish project timelines, milestones and regularly communicate progress to all stakeholders
What Humana Offers
We are fortunate to offer a remote opportunity for this job. Our Fortune 100 Company values associate engagement & your well-being. We also provide excellent professional development & continued education.
Required Qualifications – What it takes to Succeed
- 5+ years’ experience developing curriculum content, eLearning programs and virtual learning solutions
- 3+ years of facilitation experience with adult learners
- 2+ years in a consumer facing role within a business
- Proficient in Camtasia or other video tool
- Strong knowledge of eLearning standards and Adult Learning Theory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Flexibility navigating change in a fast paced environment
- Travel up to 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education, Communications or related fields
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education or related field
- Proficiency designing virtual Instructor-Led training using WebEx
- Proficient in Adobe Captivate 8.0 (and above), Photoshop, Audition, Camtasia
- Proficient project management skills
- 5+ years in contact center learning and development for Fortune top 50 organization
- Experience developing and managing courses in a LMS
This position will be subject to travel up to 20%.
Work at Home/Remote Requirements Must ensure designated work area is free from distractions during work hours and virtual meetings Must provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a workspace (Satellite and Hotspots are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) for optimal performance is required.
Our Hiring Process
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we may contact you via text message and email to gather more information using a software platform called Modern Hire. Modern Hire Text, Scheduling and Video technologies allow you to interact with us at the time and location most convenient for you.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you may receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice, Text Messaging and/or Video interview. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews
If you have additional questions regarding this role posting and are an Internal Candidate, please send them to the Ask A Recruiter persona by visiting go/Buzz and searching Ask A Recruiter! Please be sure to provide the requisition number so we may be able to research your request quicker.
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period of time. These requirements include access to a personal computing device with a camera, a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m (satellite and/or wireless internet connections are NOT permitted for Work at Home roles) and a dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes. Humana continues to monitor the situation, and will adjust service levels as the coronavirus situation evolves. The following changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and wellbeing during the hiring process. #ThriveTogether #WorkAtHome
Scheduled Weekly Hours40