Quality Control Tech Product Manager - Data & Analytics
The Outreach Team
Sorry, but it’s closed
The Outreach team is one of the largest field vendors in the country. We work on behalf of amazing progressive partners to win real social change for good. Our goal is to consistently raise the overall level of organizing/canvass work across platforms by thinking holistically about our clients, the campaign we are trying to win, and the staff who work on the campaign.
Our Quality Control program partners with organizations running voter registration and voter contact efforts to ensure the drives are impactful by collecting high-quality data about the canvasser’s work and impact. The Product Manager will drive our efforts to develop and improve the Quality Control technology and systems. We’re not a tech company, we’re a small team of organizers, so you’ll wear multiple hats - you’ll give input into software product development, build data platforms in Gsheets, and everything in between.
This is a Specialist-2 level role reporting to the Quality Control Project Director and runs until February 28, 2022. The position is located in Austin, TX and involves a mix of in-office and remote work. Candidates must be based in Austin, TX, or willing to relocate by August 2nd.
- Work with partner groups, technology companies, and internal stakeholders to optimize and build new systems or resolve bugs in Blocks. Bottom line responsible for QC Blocks Integration.
- Attend multiple calls with partner groups, technology companies, and internal stakeholders weekly.
- Lead Discovery efforts directly with internal stakeholders, gathering feedback and insights that help drive your priorities.
- Pull data for weekly reports for internal leadership and external partners.
- Build backend data systems via excel or google sheets to fill gaps in workflow.
- Report progress to internal stakeholders via written or quantitative reports.
- Identify inefficiencies in QC workflow and propose and/or develop solutions to increase the QC rate.
- Ensure our staff, team and outreach efforts are rooted in and shaped by the values of equity and justice, infusing equity and justice principles into every aspect of the job.
- Passion for civic engagement and progressive issues and motivated by social change
- Strong familiarity with agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban, and experience writing technical user stories and acceptance criteria
- Advanced Excel/GSheets skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented: you catch small and large errors that most people miss
- Proven ability to engage in a constructive and collaborative relationship with other project managers, product managers, and company leadership
- Exceptional product management skills, including organization, time-management, cross-functional coordination, data-driven decision making, ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps, and superior communication.
- Communicating well across lines of difference, excellent teamwork abilities and relationship-building skills
- Possesses a growth mindset, be trainable and open to new skills
- Trustworthy, professional and reliable
- Comfortable with ambiguity; must be comfortable providing guidance through multiple possible solutions
Nice to Haves
- Experience managing data or quality control for a voter registration or voter contact operation
- Experience using Blocks software
- Experience with or fluency in App Script, Java, Zoho Deluge
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence) and Notion
- Experience building out processes and systems through an equity lens taking into account accessibility
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership
This is a salaried position with a range of $70,000-82,000 per year depending on experience. We offer benefits including fully paid health care, vacation and sick days.
At The Outreach Team, we believe deeply that equity and inclusion in our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build a stronger progressive movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA community, and people who identify with other underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.