Security Software Engineer
Sorry, but it’s closed
Title: Security Software Engineer
Location: Englewood, CO 80112 (Remote)
Pay: $130k- $160k yr
Our client is global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected! For more than 30 years, they have helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and military around the world communicate. They are looking for a dynamic experienced Security Software Engineer to join their team!
Keeping data safe and secure at scale is an exciting challenge and full of opportunities for building solutions starting with research and development following all the way through to engineering and deploying projects into production. The group has a range of security and privacy projects and are looking for a Security Software Engineer to join the team. You will develop scalable security software, drive team SDLC improvements, and analyze and assess security of applications and services.
There are many interesting projects focused on data security, privacy and sovereignty as the world evolves a growing web of privacy regulations and frameworks. The group is taking on an increasing amount of data and analytic projects for the company and its partners. The global distributed footprint is expanding and growing more complex. This provides a rich environment of opportunities to make an impact keeping the infrastructure, applications, and data safe, private, and secure.
- Develop software and services for production environments
- Utilize DevSecOps methodologies to keep cloud infrastructure and software services operational and secure
- Perform risk assessments, architecture/design and code reviews
- Conduct application penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
- Stay current on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls
- Research and develop security services, tools, methods, and prototypes
- Build integrations between existing in-house software, FOSS, COTS software
- 3+ years software development
- 1+ years security-focused software engineering- more focused on the software side
- Deep understanding of application security vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies
- Deep technical knowledge of AWS and its service offering
- Experience with automated and manual application assessment techniques
- Experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Unix/Linux server environments
- Knowledge of common network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Passion for software security and cloud technologies. Broad interest in security topics
- Travel up to 10%
- US Citizenship
- Experience with distributed systems security
- Security certifications desired (e.g. GCSA, GPEN, OCSP, OSWE, CEH, etc)
- Experience with design requirements from government and industry (PCI, HIPPA, GDPR, SOX, FEDRAMP, etc)
- Experience with GCP or Azure cloud environments in addition to AWS
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL data storage techniques
Please send your resume. Thank you!