Wondering what’s within Beckman Coulter? Take a closer look.
Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. At Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, we’re building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. At first glance, you’ll see we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and health care forward for more than 80 years. Look again and you’ll see we are invested in you and you’ll have the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful. You’ll find the Danaher Business System, which makes everything possible. You’ll also see a company that investors trust—our culture of continuous improvement has helped us outperform the S&P 500 by more than 5,000% over the past 25 years.
And no matter where you look at Beckman Coulter, at the heart of what we do, you’ll witness our shared purpose—helping realize life’s potential—in action. Our work helps improve millions of lives.
We hope you’ll see yourself here, too.
What you find at Beckman Coulter —and within yourself — might just change the world!
The Staff Technical Support/ SW Engineer for Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is responsible for collaborating with Global Service, leading product support for Diagnostics systems by providing escalation management, developing and executing support strategies and training specialists and instructors in support of new product launches.
This position is part of the Global Service Organization and will be located in Brea, CA. Our vision is Advancing health care for every person
You will be a part of the Global Product Technical Support team with emphasis on the Chemistry products and report to the Senior Manager Engineering who is responsible for ensuring product development projects meet our software and product performance requirements as a customer and service advocate. If you thrive in a multifunctional, customer-supporting role and want to work to build a world-class medical device organization—read on.
In this role, you will have the following opportunities, including but not limited to:
- Support product development by leading efforts to ensure software and product performance requirements meet the needs of our customers and service and get translated into clear and concise Software requirements.
- Advance? knowledge of Customer Networks (VLANS, Firewalls, Security, etc. to support software architecture installations and troubleshooting.
- Willingness to gain in-depth knowledge of areas of the system when investigating field issues to drive escalations to a resolution.
- Leads others to solve complex problems and can drive resolution by performing in depth analysis of service data to identify root causes to systemic issues and develop interim mitigations and potential corrective actions in resolving field escalations.
- Develop creative and effective support strategies, drafting product documentation such as service manuals and software and hardware installation procedures for use by internal and external engineers.
- Partner with quality and regulatory teams to ensure all safety, quality and regulatory requirements are following standards and agencies for a regulated industry such as: ISO, GMP and FDA
- Leads functional teams and projects with moderate resource requirements, risk and or complexity.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, engineering, science or related healthcare industry field and 9+ year's experience OR Master's degree in desired fields with 7+ years' experience OR Doctoral Degree in desired fields with 4+ years' experience.
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows OS
- Must be willing to travel internationally and domestically approximately 25% of the time
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Leading projects or moderate to high complexity or breakthrough
- Medical Device Support or Development, specifically chemistry
- An interest in data analytics as applied to failure analysis and corrective actions.
- Experience with relevant software programs such as Oracle Business Intelligence Module Skill
Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates’ and their families’ lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com. We believe you’ll like what you see.
At Beckman Coulter, we’re driven by a sense of wonder for what we can create—and what we can become. Here, you’ll accelerate your career while driving innovation that improves lives. You’ll work hard and try new things, with guidance from committed leaders, powerful DBS tools, and the support of a global organization. As part of the Danaher family of 67,000 associates across the globe, your possibilities for growth and development are unparalleled.
We believe that creativity and innovation thrive when the most diverse set of voices are heard, and that’s why we’re taking concrete steps to ensure that we’re fostering an inclusive and engaging workplace for our team. If you’d like to learn more, read stories from our associates on our Careers Blog or contact one of our recruiters.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 202.419.7762 or email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.