To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Georgia - Remote
Texas - Remote
Business Technology blazes the trail of enterprise IT. Built on the foundation of our core values we own more than the traditional IT components with a heavy focus on working closely with our business partners for amazing outcomes. Our goal is to deliver technology that is centered around our business and our collective success. We oversee technology strategy, Salesforce on Salesforce, customer and partner enablement, applications engineering, infrastructure, collaboration, enterprise operations, architecture, and program enablement. We own the world’s foremost Salesforce implementation and enable our global Ohana to do their best work by leveraging our platform.
The IT Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) function is responsible for the delivery of operational reporting and performance
Metrics to various business domains including Sales and Sales Operations, Marketing, Finance, Customer success and Employee Success.
This platform also includes management of a Big Data Hadoop platform to store unstructured application log data that is
Generated by the Salesforce product offerings, this data is predominately used by the data science teams. Team also
manages all aspects of rolling out Salesforce’s analytics tool Wave to internal business partners.
The Salesforce IT EDW team is looking for an experienced BI designer who will work on designing, developing and
implementing new functionality and increasing test coverage of systems that support various internal business processes
at Salesforce.com. This requires the candidate to be able to learn quickly, work in a fast paced environment, and have the
ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel.
● Experience in designing and development of analytical solutions including Salesforce analytics solution – Wave and Tableau
● Contribute towards designing data models, ETL mappings and associated objects of analytical solutions.
● Review solution design with Lead member and ensure that the defined EDW standards and framework are followed.
● Review and validate logical and physical design to ensure alignment with the defined solution architecture.
● Create/review technical documentation for all new and modified objects.
● Ensure quality assurance plan and cases are comprehensive to validate the solution thoroughly.
● Follow standard practises for QA in the organization
● Support QA, UAT and performance testing phases of development cycle.
● Understand and incorporate required security framework in the developed data model and ETL objects.
● Define standards and procedures; refine methods and techniques for data extraction, transformation and loading
(ETL) both in batch and “near real time” modes.
● Evaluate, determine root cause and resolve production issues.
● Work closely with other IT development groups to deliver coordinated software solutions
● 2+years of experience working as a BI technical lead/solution architect in a customer-focused IT EDW team
● 5+years of experience in the data warehousing domain as a technical resource
● Deep understanding of data warehousing concepts, relational star-schema database designs and big data
Platforms and associated tools.
● Deep understanding and hands-on experience of Informatica 9.x, Tableau and snowflake system components,
Internal processes and architecture.
● Deep and strong knowledge of SQL and relational database models.
● Hands-on experience with creating Unix shell scripts
● Data visualization tool experience like Tableau
● Hands-on experience in data modeling
● Experience working in an agile environment is required
● Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global across functional teams at all levels.
● Self-starter, highly motivated, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change, think through problems to
Come up with innovative solutions and deliver against tight deadlines.
● Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex
Ideas in a clear, concise fashion towards technical and nontechnical audiences.
● Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed in order to build strong relationships that will be critical for success of this role.
● Salesforce, Data Warehousing, customer success and Data Analysis
● working experience on Data science or Python scripting is a plus
● Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and solve problems
in order to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirements.
This role is Office-Flex (~1-3 days/wk in office) or Fully Remote
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.