SketchUp Full Stack Senior Software Engineer
This position can be in our Westminster, CO office when we return next year or it can be fully remot.
If you’ve ever used SketchUp, you know it’s special software: 3D modeling that’s easy to learn, intuitive to use, and accessible to everyone. Try it out for free at app.sketchup.com.
As a member of the engineering team focused on SketchUp for Web, you’ll be working to both refine and re-imagine how we deliver 3D modeling in a web browser to creators and students. We’re looking for someone who is highly skilled, motivated, collaborative -- and pretty low-key about it all. You should already have some experience writing user-facing applications and have a ‘quality-first’ mindset, and you’re excited to roll up your sleeves for the next big challenge.
About SketchUp, a Colorado startup all grown up
Part of Trimble, SketchUp is one of the most popular 3D modeling and design tools in the world. Today, millions of architects, engineers, contractors, woodworkers, artists, and other creatives use our software to design transit centers, treehouses, and everything in between. We support a healthy work/life balance and high-quality standards for software and coffee.
About Trimble, our parent company
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Our core technologies in spatial positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability in design, architecture, and construction.
- Develop client-side Web application code for SketchUp for Web
- Integrate new C++ modeling and graphics features
- Analyze, design, implement new features and improve performance of the applications.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years’ experience developing web or native applications in a formal work setting
- Experience using type safe programming languages
- Experience using asynchronous programming paradigms
- Knowledge of Web standards and protocols including HTML, CSS, and client-server architecture
- Experience with software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience creating customer-facing UI
- Experience with automated testing
- Strong problem-solving skills and eager to learn new technologies.
- Experience using various web technologies including TypeScript, Vue.js, Sass, WebGL, Webpack, and Node.js
- Experience using C++, CMake, Emscripten
- Experience in design, graphics, 3D software
- Experience with AWS
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Trimble provides the following compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that it in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position. This compensation range is based on a full time schedule. Trimble reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Trimble offers comprehensive core benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Time off plans and retirement plans. Most of our businesses also offer tax savings plans for health, dependent care and commuter expenses as well as Paid Parental Leave and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D