WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1936, CR has a mission to create a fair and just marketplace for all. Widely known for our rigorous research and testing of products and services, we also survey millions of consumers each year, report extensively on marketplace issues, and advocate for consumer rights and protections around safety, digital rights, financial fairness, and sustainability. CR is independent and nonprofit.
As a Test Project Leader, you will oversee testing projects to help provide a safer, more fair, and healthier marketplace for consumers. You will ensure that testing protocols and procedures are followed, and develop methodologies to meet testing objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your engineering skills to innovate and create new ways to test products. You will be analyzing the test data using your advanced Excel skills. In this role, you will be primarily (but not exclusively) focused on fitness product testing.
This position will be based in our Yonkers, New York office so it is not a remote work opportunity.
What You'll Do
- Plan, coordinate and oversee test projects of considerable scope.
- Develop new testing protocols and ensure proper documentation.
- Ensure that test data meet established standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility and dependability.
- Design and help to build test equipment and develop methods to accomplish goals defined by test protocols as required.
- Research new test procedures, and evaluate and recommend improvements to existing test procedures.
- Ensure that ratings are delivered accurately and within established deadlines.
- Interact with manufacturers, retailers, and internal stakeholders as necessary in order to communicate very technical information in a concise and understandable format.
What We Need To See
- You have a BS degree in mechanical engineering in addition to 4 years of industry experience or a MS in mechanical engineerig in addition to 2 years of industry experience
- You have a background (or interest) in exercise physiology, or biomechanics.
- You have advanced Excel skills.
- You have experience analyzing and compiling data.
What We'd Love To See
- Experience with querying databases.
- You’re familiar with data acquisition methods such as National Instruments.