At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Azure DevOps Technical Architect and Project Lead in a national business unit - REMOTE
As an Azure DevOps Engineer, you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of applications developed for our clients in the Azure platform. You will be an active contributor in a diverse team environment with account representatives, fellow architects, DevOps engineers and application developers who are all at different stages of their career and skill levels.
You will be expected to lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases of Azure DevOps engagements including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver. You will support the technical development and continual improvement of devops service. You will develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members. You will demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels.
- Support migrations from existing DevOps tools/processes to the Azure DevOps platform
- Support projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new Azure DevOps and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced competancy with Microsoft Azure DevOps or Azure DevOps Server
- Passionate DevOps engineers with a minimum 2 years of professional experience with DevOps principles, practices and tools
- Recent project implementations with Azure DevOps
- Experience supporting Microsoft development practices
- Experience with agile project management methodologies (i.e. Scrum, SAFe, KanBan)
- Fluency with Azure Boards and supporting multi-team implementations within Azure DevOps
- Fluency with Azure Pipelines and the supporting services required for automating deployments
- Scripting experience with languages like Python, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Groovy
- Understanding of software delivery methodology
- Ability to communicate effectively in English via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Desire to learn
- Must be open to travel.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Certifications in Azure are required (AZ 100, AZ 204 and AZ 400 are preferred)
- Experience workign in a professional services company, consulting firm, or agency
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Software development skills in Python, Go, C#
- Knowledge and experience in leading software development efforts using agile methodologies as well as DevOps processes/tools is required
- Strong experience with Cloud PaaS and/or certifications in similar Cloud/PaaS platforms are desired
- Track record of delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Desire to lead and mentor team
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.