Senior UX Designer
Sorry, but it’s closed
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
At Merkle, we believe in following insight first, and instincts second. Building meaningful relationships with customers starts with understanding their mindset, mental models, goals, and motivations. That's how we can reach them in the best, most relevant ways and improve their interaction with organizations and brands. Our strategists and UX designers build upon those insights, working together to create experiences that establish relationships and deliver incredible experiences.
As a Senior UX Designer, your main role is to establish user-centered experiences in collaboration with partners, researchers, strategists, analysts, and fellow designers.
Some of your responsibilities:
- You will lead UX projects, from beginning to end
- Work with team members, experts, researchers, and analysts to discover user insights
- You will conduct experience audits and create experience maps
- Produce workflows, user scenarios, user stories, and digital personas
- You will guide and be a resource for information architecture decisions
- Help prioritize features based on user insights
- Promote usability guidelines and design patterns
- Work with UI design teams to share strategy and validate high-fidelity designs
- Create wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Design and conduct concept testing and usability testing
- Identify and suspend bias in place of user insight and goals
- Manage involvement in projects from other UX team members, including researchers, designers, and information architects
- 5 years experience in website and application design, with 3 years focusing on user experience design/strategy
- A desire to work with people who have differing skills and perspectives
- Ability to translate concepts into wireframes and prototypes that demonstrate intuitive user experiences.
- Expert knowledge in responsive web design best practices
- Familiarity with design patterns and standards in native and web apps
- Advanced knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, Framer, and Axure
- Experience building and iterating on interactive prototypes
- Range of concepting ability from sketching to high-fidelity prototypes
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
Open to remote candidates.
Part of dentsu, dentsu international helps clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists. Follow us on social @dentsuUSA.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.