Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality, equitable patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. ASCO offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:ASCO is in search of a collaborative and hands-on DevOps Engineer join our growing Information Technology Department. The selected candidate will improve delivery and release processes across the organization, provide pipeline definitions, templates, and process standards for other teams and developers to work with in order to streamline delivery processes. Additionally the selected candidate will code and implement features, pipelines, and bug fixes, helping developers deploy, build, deliver, and release code as efficiently as possible. The successful candidate will effectively work closely with developers, engineers, and architects to improve process and delivery, and to support the development of new features and provisioning of required cloud resources.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA although remote candidates will be considered.
What you will do:
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management pipelines utilizing AWS resources
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning utilizing infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Work to improve and automate development and release processes
- Work with developers and engineers to ensure that development follows established processes
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Monitor metrics and regularly review existing systems and configuration standards to make recommendations for improvements
- Investigate and resolve technical issues pertaining to cloud infrastructure, deployments, code builds, etc.
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Collaborate with architects and developers to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions
- Work with Security team to ensure ASCO's Infrastructure follows Cloud Security best practices
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
- Participate in project planning to assess and communicate operational and system level requirements and forecasts
- Champion and build automated processes wherever possible
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer (or similar)
- Highly proficient in at least one scripting language (Python preferred)
- Strong foundation in Linux
- Extensive experience working with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation preferred)
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, Travis, GitLab)
- Familiarity with AWS DevOps tools (CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS resources and managed services (e.g., Lambda, ECS (Fargate), DynamoDB, API Gateway, AppSync, CloudFront, WAF, Application Load Balancers, etc.)
- Familiarity with Serverless computing (AWS SAM models preferred)
- Understanding of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Strong experience working with Git
- Experience with GitHub Actions
- Experience with Continuous Delivery Models
- Knowledge of different blue/green, canary, and other deployment strategies
- Familiarity with Automated test frameworks (Cypress and Cucumber preferred)
- Understanding of Cloud Security best practices
Additional Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience and training
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Strong problem solving and analytical mindset
- Self-motivated and proactive with creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Collaborative spirit with excellent communication skills
- Strong passion for quality, great documentation, visibility, transparency and metrics
- Desire to drive organizational change with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong desire to drive improvements to process and efficiency through automation
- Willing to advocate for new processes and tools to drive improvement
At ASCO, our goal is to foster and encourage a diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workplace. Our organization’s culture is multi-dimensional, and we encourage our employees to leverage their unique perspectives and ideas. ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).