Analytics Architect, Remote North America
Sorry, but it’s closed
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
DIMENSION AND SCOPE
The next big thing in data & analytics is you!
Ciena is looking for an Analytics architect who is able to solve business problems at scale. Ability to build the vision for the enterprise and also demonstrating technology expertise. The individual is also responsible to build the roadmap based on the maturity across different business functions. Analytics evangelist ensuring that the solutions proposed are able to help business teams make pro-active decisions. Improve existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in analytics field
- Accountable for developing and executing the analytics roadmap that is scalable, reliable and operable
- Develop strategies to ensure constant engagement with our customers to understand their needs
- Collaborate with the internal teams to fully understand business requirements and provide meaningful and measurable results
- Working with Vendors to look-out on the new capabilities and owning POC initiatives
- Work as independent contributor mostly and as a project team lead if needed by providing guidance to other team members when required
- Contribute to the team’s development in analytical skills and business knowledge
- Drive Cloud adoption and leverage cloud enabled technologies and toolset for Data and Analytics domain
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Analytic tool experience with tools such as Power BI, ThoughtSpot, Hyperion (Essbase / Planning), Snowflake and Alteryx is preferred
- Experience in programming in R, Python
- Experience with data auditing and master data management tools
- Self-Starter with having the ability to be innovative, creative, analytical, strategic, passionate
- Deep Data and Analytics domain market insights
- Exposure to Azure / AWS is preferred
- Builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint.
- Practical experience in architecture roles including assisting in setting architectural principles, helping define the reference architecture, building technology roadmaps aligned with business plans and helping to institute governance to ensure alignment of investment to strategy/architecture.
- Communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions.
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, supports and drives change and confront difficult circumstances in creative ways.
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Data Science techniques & Roll-out of AI/ ML capabilities across organizations is a big plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent/Post Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in executing large scale analytics strategies
- Hands on experience in Visualization tools such as Tableau / Power BI / Einstein
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Salford SPM/Hadoop/R/SQL/Python/Hive
- Preferred Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques is a significant advantage: Neural Networks, Gradient Boosting, Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Markov Chains, Support Vector Machines, Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, Factor analysis
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience in Agile / Scrum delivery model & strong communications skills.