The Senior Product Manager (SPM) for Software Lifecycle Automation is intended for someone with substantial product management experience, technical understanding and experience with continuous integration & continuous delivery (CICD) systems, testing automation and an established track record of successful product practices and delivery. The SPM leads multiple product teams or a large product group and is responsible for defining the product strategies and outcomes that their product team(s) work to achieve and ensuring that the products delivered meet the needs of Workiva R&D teams. This team plays a key role in allowing Workiva R&D teams to rapidly and reliably release software to our customers.
Senior Product Managers are expected to demonstrate competencies in the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery including: customer discovery, product discovery, product evangelism, management of their product(s) including prioritization of work and writing release notes for product releases, and management of relationships with key product stakeholders.
This role is open to remote work within the US.
Discovery: Engages internal Workiva R&D teams and industry experts to gain an understanding of key challenges, best practices and industry trends related to the Software Automation Lifecycle that represent opportunities for Workiva. Using this knowledge, the product manager collaborates with his/her product team(s) to iteratively define solutions ranging from small feature enhancements to robust solutions.
- Evangelize CICD platform, processes, and technology to various teams by holding information sessions, demos, and CICD platform deep dives
- Articulate our CICD platform strategy, rollout and migrations plans including partnering with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues
- Meets with teams to identify needs and opportunities as it relates to continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated testing
- Gathers and considers feedback from a range of existing customers to determine whether new enhancements/features/solutions will address their needs
- Meets with customers to validate features and walks through product iterations in the course of development to ensure product development is on track to meet customer needs
- Researches competitive/related solutions, understands the technology landscape, brings key learning back to the Workiva organization to evolve our best practices & standards
- Works closely with design to make sure features are usable and intuitive for users
- Works closely with engineering to ensure solution feasibility
- Document key uses cases to help the team understand the problems creating clear business drivers, measures of success and product requirements to ensure success
- Creates story maps, roadmaps and other artifacts to provide context and direction to product teams and other stakeholders
- Management of Product: Authors and maintains product vision and strategy. Defines priority of outcomes, clarifies customer needs for product team(s), works with engineering to set deadlines for milestones, authors Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), and acts as a leader on their product team(s).
- Partners with lead engineer and UX designer to scope out solutions and features and establish pathways for team to develop the product
- Identify potential problems within their product areas, process, or teams that arise in their area and drive resolutions for those issues.
Relationship Management: Manages relationships with their product team, the product management team, internal stakeholders, strategic partners, and others that use or might use their product.
- Ensures that their product team understands the vision and strategy of their product, as well as the short and medium term plans to achieve their vision.
- Works to inform internal stakeholders of product strategy and goals, understands and considers their input
Leadership/Mentorship: Manages or mentors less experienced Product Managers. Provides guidance and leadership to other product team members.
- May have one or more product managers as direct reports
- Provides guidance, formally or informally, to others in the Product Management team
What You'll Need
- Initiative and ambition with a propensity for technical products
- Affinity for technology/software, software development and developer operations
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and lead by example and lead through influence
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Strong negotiator
- Product delivery practices
- Product evangelism and motivational leadership
- Data-driven decision making
- Vision and strategic thinking
- 4+ years experience within the DevOps/CICD field, preferably familiar with Argo CD, Jenkins or equivalent CICD tools
- Experience as a Senior Product Manager delivering software in an agile development environment using continuous deployment techniques
- History of delivery of successful products in a product management role
- Experience delivering software in an agile development environment using continuous deployment techniques
- Experience in managing beta or early adopter programs
- Experience driving organizational change and transformation
- Demonstrated competency in product discovery practices
- Entrepreneurial interests and experience
- B.S./B.A. degree preferred, preferably in computer science, computer engineering, or business
- MBA preferred
- 25% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Travel up to 25% travel required
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
How You'll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $125,000 - $161,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.