Ref: Sr DBA-ETL Engineer(AWS,PostgreSQL) - Fort Lauderdale/Remote (Remote)
Sorry, but it’s closed
DBA/Data Architect- ETL Developer
Type of role: FTE
HQ offices located in Fort Lauderdale (open for remote candidates)
One of our clients, a leading Start-Up Ad Technology firm is looking for Sr DBA/Data Architects to join their permanent team.
They have developed a world-class platform that enables wireless carriers to generate new subscriber revenue while at the same time providing consumers a path to free wireless services. This win-win value proposition has led to hyper-growth and all the fun that brings. Their platform uses novel AI and user profiling to deliver relevant, highly monetizable content to users at the right moment, leading to industry-leading engagement.
They have a strong group of mobile and ad industry veterans and are backed by some of the world’s leading investors and executives in the mobile sector.
This role is accountable for planning, connecting, designing, scheduling, and deploying of database systems, in combination with other data- and analytics-related projects. This role will report to the Chief Operating Officer and interact regularly with other technology teams and stakeholders.
What Is Needed? Someone who can:
- Create, maintain, and optimize functions, inline SQL, database structures, and ETL processes to adapt to changes in needs and requirements.
- Write optimized queries in support of enterprise reporting platforms such as Tableau. Assists in developing reports, interactive dashboards, and data visualization to support fundraising and business processes. Assist in refining user requirements.
- Analyze and document how the business requirements fit into an existing system
- Develop technical specifications to resolve business client questions, problems, and to address enhancement needs
- Supports data integration interfaces between various partner systems and our data warehouse.
- Able to conduct code reviews for team members. Mentors and helps guide teammates through complex SQL queries and other database concepts.
- Develop technical and training documentation in support of departmental initiatives and user support.
- Functions as a business intelligence team resource assisting on projects and data requests that meet and improve user requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent Work experience)
- Expert level of proficiency in SQL query syntax. PostgreSQL exposure is required.
- Advanced data extraction methodologies.
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of data warehouse concepts (data normalization, star schema, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic, and team-oriented environments
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations