Senior Technical Project Manager II
CAI Cambium Assessment, Inc.
Sorry, but it’s closed
We are Cambium Assessment, a Cambium Learning® Group company.
As the leader in online testing for K-12 state education standards, Cambium Assessment delivers secure, reliable, and scalable assessment solutions that improve student performance while supporting state education accountability. Through proven technology, research-backed psychometrics, and advanced machine learning, our solutions help reduce test time for students while improving educational outcomes.
We’re looking for smart, creative, and enthusiastic professionals to join our innovative team of software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists.
Develop and track requirements and schedules for CSSC software projects around research and development, including:
- Authoring requirement gathering and analysis
- Facilitating requirements meetings through reviews and approvals, including the peer review sessions, and status meetings with our external software vendors.
- Developing and monitoring budgets and staff expenditures to ensure work is on track and staffing is managed properly
- Develop and write software specifications to support work performed by an external software vendor
-Regularly communicate with CSSC’s software engineering teams and external software vendor on status and progress regarding design, reliability and maintenance issues
-Take ownership of integration analysis of requirements that impact more than your system, and vice versa
-Track progress toward milestones, anticipate issues, and monitor adherence to project scope, requirements and design documents, schedules, and to the CSSC software development process
-Through daily monitoring of issues and new work, identify and escalate issues to Senior Management that put the project completion at risk and where milestones are not tracking toward timely completion.
-Perform data mining based on adhoc data requests from the development team.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (or a related technical degree) and 10+ years of software development experience around software engineering, quality assurance, or technical project management. Technical Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience required in applying best practices in software development, including waterfall and Agile software methodologies, web-based infrastructure, and data-driven systems.
- Must be familiar with project management tools such as Microsoft Project, web-based bug tracking software, and versioning tools such as Mercurial.
- 5+ years of MSSQL or MySQL knowledge and experience, including joining multiple objects, running dynamic stored procedures and functions, and understanding of cross-server database-to-database communication.
- Proficient experience of web-based technologies in diagnosing Production issues through firebug or browser development tools.
- The position requires excellent documentation and communication skills, a very proactive and detail-oriented person and a strong team-oriented attitude.
Why Work With Us?
When you work with Cambium Assessment, you’ll be helping to design and build inspiring solutions that make a real impact on the online testing industry, as well as the educators and students we support.
- Our systems are infinitely scalable and mission critical serving close to 1 million students simultaneously and over 60 million annually!
- Our machine scoring methods are driven by artificial intelligence allowing computers to perform such complex operations as grading essays with more accuracy than humans.
- Our processes use intensive algorithmic computing allowing a customized experience for each student as the exam adapts real-time based upon answers given.
We currently serve more than 1/3 of U.S. students with numerous patents and industry-standard certifications. In the 2018–2019 school year, we delivered more than 60 million tests to 860,000 simultaneous testers with an average 1/10 second response time. We have the most advanced features of any online testing system, and we continue to push boundaries for student performance measurement.
Our ground breaking work includes:
- Advanced computer-adaptive algorithms
- Mobile support of user interfaces
- Learning management systems with social media features
- Universally accessible user interfaces
- Machine scorable items
To learn more about our organization and the exciting work we do, visit www.cambiumassessment.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.