About the Internship Program:
Inmar’s 2022 Summer Internship Program offers a challenging, project-based opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to enhance their understanding of the business world through valuable, hands-on experience. The internship will provide broad learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen.
We are looking for driven, dynamic individuals who are ready to think it, build it and move it - great people who do great things.
The 10-week summer internship program is designed to challenge students by providing opportunities for hand-on experiences, skills training and valuable professional networking to assist students with identifying and building on their career interests. This role gains experience and an overall feel for the company and the retail, grocery and healthcare industries by attending meetings, delivering presentations, exploring business-specific tasks, and working closely with cross-functional groups to better understand Inmar, Inmar’s clients, and Inmar’s role in business.
Managers and colleagues will work side by side with summer interns. The program includes a robust training and onboarding program followed by our ongoing speaker series, lunch-and-learns, and cohort engagement activities, as well as direct access to executive and senior leadership, mentors and previous interns.
The ultimate goal of our internship program is to bring talented people into our organization. All students who are going into their last year of university have the opportunity to gain full time employment with Inmar after successful completion of their final year.
We ask that all applicants be current students in undergraduate or graduate school with the ability to commit to the entirety of the internship: June 6, 2022 - August 12, 2022.
Internship Position Summary:
Projects will include, but are not limited to, finance and accounting onboarding for mergers and acquisitions, Workday projects, team metric reporting dashboards and accounting for new product development. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating with cross functional teams across the organization to ensure all functional areas have been addressed. The successful candidate will work directly with internal and external resources to ensure deliverables are on time and fall within the applicable scope and budget. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture.
- Lead integration efforts around onboarding of acquisitions into our finance and accounting processes, including ERP systems
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Mission plan processes to identify enhancement and efficiency opportunities
- Develop M&A onboarding project plan template that can be leveraged/modified for each acquisition to improve the onboarding process
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Attend educational and social events as part of the summer intern program.
- Present your project findings to the Senior Leadership team.
- Complete all 10 weeks (400 hours) of internship program.
Education / Qualifications / Experience:
- Strong preference for students on target to graduate after December 2022 with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Solid academic track record – GPA of at least 3.0 preferred
- Proficiency in use of Excel software application and intermediate knowledge of other Microsoft Office products such as Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of finance, generally accepted accounting principles, and economic principles.
- Proficiency in use of computer equipment.
- Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data and to make mathematical computation rapidly and accurately.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good listening skills, be self-motivated, and have a high maturity level.
- Must have demonstrated ability to appropriately handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment.