Staff Software Development Engineer
Sorry, but it’s closed
Staff Embedded Software Engineer
at Platform Science
San Diego, CA or Remote
Interested in revolutionizing and disrupting the $20 billion dollar transportation industry? Come join us!
Founded in 2015, Platform Science is an open IoT platform that empowers enterprise trucking fleets to take control of their technology. We make it easy for fleets to develop, deploy and manage mobile devices and applications on one unified solution, ensuring safety, compliance, relevant communication and optimized workflows.
Our Platform Science team is made up of brilliant, passionate, and diverse people, who ask big questions and come up with amazing answers. We aspire to hire people of different backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives to build a company culture that fosters creativity, innovation, and growth. Platform Science is committed to creating a welcoming environment across all teams where everyone can make an impact. We value resourcefulness, empathy, transparency, and thinking with the “one team” mentality.
About the Role:
We're seeking innovators - Embedded Software Engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art transportation IoT products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code, build great products, and bring new ideas to solve real-world problems. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture, and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As an embedded software engineer, you will be part of our senior technical staff that designs, implements, verifies, validates, and commercializes our onboard vehicle solutions. In this role, you will impact the edge product portfolio and the Platform Science IoT ecosystem. While this role will influence vital technical directions, this role would not supervise any direct reports.
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of software development experience with different languages such as C/C++/Java in a Linux development environment
- Understanding of real-time concepts on embedded Linux or RTOS platforms, multi-threaded applications, and inter-process communication
- Linux device driver experience
- Scripting expertise with python or similar
- Experience with large-scale wireless communication systems
- Networking experience: TCP/IP, NAT, L2 Switching, Firewalls, DHCP
- Experience with software development tools such as Git, Jenkins, and JIRA
- Ability to work on distributed remote agile teams with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, EE, CE or related
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family (2 plans are covered 100% by Platform Science)
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous paid time off and company holidays
- 12 weeks of parental leave for new parents
- 401k matching
- One time work from home stipend to help make a comfortable home office
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Investment in your professional growth in the company