For people drawn to serving others through their work, PSCU is a place to thrive, as we serve our credit union members best by taking care of each other first.
If you want to help shape an industry, challenge yourself, and invest in your own future, this is the place for you. PSCU is a highly accessible environment where you’re empowered to think on your feet, work from your heart, and discover the very best version of your professional and personal self. “Our Momentum. Your Moment.”
This application is the first step in seizing your moment.
The role will perform senior level leadership for activities to support all applications in the production environment. Individual will work with and provide mentoring for a highly technical skilled team of support engineers to ensure application availability and a high level of performance. The Sr. Application Support Engineer requires superior technical expertise of current technologies along with continued mastering of new application technologies. Individual will be required to lead and contribute to the creation of support plans and documentation and oversee support for internal IT projects to ensure delivery of high performance of applications.
Position can be remote, preferrably eastern or central time zones.
Essential Functions Include:
- Lead and direct day-to-day activities of 365x24x7 Operations team, including specialists from L2 and L3 Application Support
- Lead team efforts to provide analysis and support for production application issues.
- Provide leadership for application integration and deployment interacting with Application Development, QA, and Systems Engineers.
- Responsible for meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) for all incidents
- Lead and guide Operations team with various technology background
- Primary: IBM IIB, Data Power, APIC
- Secondary: Java, Portal and WebSphere
- Responsible for meeting uptime requirements for all applications
- Be integral part of Change Advisory Board
- Oversee production level updates of all application code changes on all servers; ensuring change control requirements are met.
- Give high-level assistance for implementation teams in resolving technology issues impacting successful completion of assigned projects.
- Mentor and train lower level analyst to perform troubleshooting and solve data and application related problems.
- Mentor personnel in the optimization and tuning of applications and configurations for better performance and stability.
- Provide senior-level experience to develop and/or secure ad-hoc tools and utilities for use by operations staff, identify security issues in application code and design.
- Oversee the identification of application root-cause problems and resolutions.
- Provide guidance to design, implement and automate application monitoring, perform regular application level housekeeping activities and detect and eliminate performance bottlenecks in complex applications.
- Analyze, review and make specific recommendations to the IT management on technology enhancements to improve efficiencies.
- Support application integration projects and initiatives. Contribute to the resolution of issues impacting the successful daily operation of PSCU-FS applications.
- Critique completed projects to determine variations from established processes and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Monitor new technological advances in Information Technologies through professional groups, trade publications, and personal networking.
- Minimum ten (8) years’ experience in application support role or application development.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in script writing on Unix/Solaris and Microsoft operating systems.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in the financial services industry.
- Support experience of a minimum of three of the following technologies – IIB, Datapower, APIC, Java/ Apache/JBoss/Unix/ Oracle/ MS .Net is required.
- Prior experience supporting Internet technologies (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, FTP, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technologies or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
All applications are reviewed by an AIRS Certified Diversity and Inclusion Recruiter. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion HERE!
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following "EEO is the Law" Poster and the "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. PSCU will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the legal duty to furnish information.
For positions based out of our Phoenix, Arizona location, PSCU is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
As an ongoing commitment to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, PSCU has established alternative methods to complete the application process. Disabled applicants needing assistance are encouraged to submit resumes via our careers page submission button If further assistance is required.