Sorry, but it’s closed
Who we are:
automotiveMastermind (aM) provides U.S. automotive dealers with software and marketing solutions to improve the efficiency of the vehicle sales process. The company’s cloud-based technology helps dealers more precisely predict automobile buying behavior and facilitates microtargeted customer communications to improve the efficiency of the sales process and strengthen customer retention.
automotiveMastermind (aM) delivers value to the market by…
- Predicting when existing consumers will be ready for their next vehicle based on a prior vehicle, sharpening the focus on high-potential targets
- Delivering a compelling offer to engage the customer and prompt a return to the participating dealership
- Connecting dealers to conquest opportunities
- Providing a platform to support dealer outreach and dialogue
aM was acquired by IHS Markit in 2017. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. They help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, economics and country risk.
What you will do:
Data Science is critical to aM’s core value proposition – the ability to predict consumer returns to market and understand key drivers behind timing and vehicle selection. The automotiveMastermind (aM) Data Science team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing existing models, creating new predictive capabilities, and partnering with the broader aM Data Strategy team to create data-driven solutions for a wide range of additional business problems.
Example outcomes of these efforts may include…
- Leveraging a variety of modeling techniques to create new or augmenting existing models
- Exploring new data assets, tools and techniques to strengthen results or create new predictive capabilities
- Performing ad hoc analysis or A/B testing to evaluate alternative methods or sources
- Creating new or derived variables to better capture relationships and improve model effectiveness
- Partnering with operations or commercial teams to apply data science capabilities to challenging business problems
- Identifying and analyzing additional data sources to bolster predictions and recommendations and collaborating with engineering to integrate new data sources and methods
- Creating scalable, decoupled, and extensible data science solutions via close collaboration with product, engineering and architecture
- Communicating data-driven insights and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders
Who you are:
- You possess 7+ years of related work experience in data analysis and machine learning (such as logistic regression, random forest, gradient boosting, clustering) on large datasets, ideally in automotive-centric roles
- You are a skilled analyst, adept at not just answering the “what”, but, more importantly, the “why”
- You are comfortable working with large and complex data sets and are capable of sifting signal from noise
- You possess a Master of Science or PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g., economics, statistics, finance, operations research, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical/mechanical/industrial engineering, etc.…) or a Bachelor of Science in a quantitative discipline and 10+ years of related work experience
- You are able to demonstrate mastery of the following:
- Designing and building production-quality processes using Python and/or R, SQL
- Designing and implementing machine learning pipelines in Cloud-based environments (GCP, AWS)
- Creating input data validation protocols to protect output quality
- Leveraging data visualization tools to share findings and and collect feedback on your analysis, monitor and communicate predictive model performance
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role is $71,760. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.