Configuration Management Analyst - ServiceNow Discovery Tool (Remote) (Open)
Sorry, but it’s closed
eidos currently has an opening for a Configuration Management Analyst to support the Digital Innovation for GSA Infrastructure Technologies (DIGIT) program.
This position is 100% telework, but must be U.S. based. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.
The Configuration Management Analyst will support the Digital Innovation for General Services Administration (GSA) Infrastructure Technologies (DIGIT) task order, which is relied upon to account for all IT assets and provide accurate information on IT Service Area components and configurations. This support provides the sound basis for incident, problem, change, and release management; verifies configuration records against the infrastructure; and corrects any exceptions.
As a Configuration Management Analyst, your responsibilities will include developing, maintaining, updating, and implementing configuration items (CI); control configuration baselines, and conduct financial and physical configuration audits. CM may include non-IT assets, work products used to develop the services, and Cis required to support the services not formally classified as assets. This includes data interfaces to internal and external service providers, where assets and CIs need to be controlled (e.g. shared assets).
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain the health and accuracy of the CMDB by leveraging dashboards and troubleshooting identification, reconciliation, patterns, and midservers.
- Understand ServiceNow configuration concepts, and assist in documenting configuration management processes and procedures
- Establish new Configuration Management processes, policies and procedures
- Utilize external tools (e.g. Bigfix, Vsphere) to store, track, and manage configuration items for reconciliation
- Set up meetings with configuration management items (CI) owners to ensure they are following the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Serve as the representative for Configuration Management in the Engineering Review Board (ERB).
- Recommend, design, plan, and implement automation to improve the configuration management database (CMDB) processes.
- Responsible for configuration management (CfM) to include develop, maintain, update, and implement CIs.
- Create, establish, and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
- Support efficient and effective service management processes by providing accurate and timely configuration information that aids decision making (e.g., to authorize change and release and resolve incidents and problems faster).
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
Contract required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of relevant experience. An additional 4 years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- ITILv3 or ITILv4 Foundation Certified
- Experience with ServiceNow and ServiceNow Discovery, including:
- MidServer maintenance
- Discovery troubleshooting
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Ambulate between several buildings