Note: This position can be performed #remotely from anywhere within the US
Technical Project Manager
Here’s your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists. As a Technical Project Manager within our Client Strategy and Loyalty team, you’ll be responsible for bringing our global teams together collaboratively using design thinking combined with a natural curiosity to deliver multiple projects that create experience-led transformation for our clients and their customers.
If you’re passionate about growing client relationships and leading project teams from project planning through final delivery, we’d love to talk to you. This is a dynamic position and requires an individual with strong communication and collaboration skills who can think strategically and execute tactically. We are looking for a candidate to embrace the ambiguity in order to translate client requirements using agile delivery framework to deliver minimum viable products that can go to market with speed. Our new team member will be a strategic problem-solver that has a willingness to learn and grow with our team and be part of our journey to agile delivery.
- Ability to work in a matrixed mode and lead cross disciplinary teams, including UX, to develop, iterate, and refine digital solutions.
- Actively communicate with clients to understand and define current needs and priorities.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to effectively scope and scale our delivery framework.
- Establish and maintain schedules, product roadmaps, and release plans in accordance with customer and stakeholder needs.
- Work effectively with our strategists and clients to develop a prioritized backlog (experience with Product Increment planning preferred).
- Schedule and drive effective agile ceremonies virtually and globally (e.g. backlog refinement, sprint planning, story point estimation, daily stand ups, sprint demos, retrospectives, inspect and adapt).
- Build strong relationships with our clients to assure that the solution is understood and communicate relevant project information (e.g. status, risk, issues, deliverables).
- Manage budgets, prepare cost estimates, and track resources using financial management tools
- Perform continuous risk assessment and mitigation; work with management to identify and remove resource, feasibility, and technical barriers that can impede development
- Maintain a positive, results-oriented work environment by building partnerships with internal and external partners
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, innovation, and excellence in the work environment and continuously elevate the quality and caliber of the organization.
- Manage projects independently, be self-motivated to identify and manage risks, and committed to achieving project goals and milestones.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- 2+ years project management experience leading digital development efforts
- Competent understanding of agile project management methodologies and principles
- Demonstrated experience with the software development cycle including working with cross disciplinary teams, including strategy, UX and engineering
- Ability to provide technical strategic guidance to the customer and project team
- Experience launching digital solutions, including ongoing analysis and continuous product improvements
- Working knowledge of the technical software development process, Agile delivery methods including Agile Scrum and/or Kanban
- Proficiency working with JIRA and Confluence
- Team player with excellent problem-solving and consensus-building skills
- Ability to effectively work remotely with minimal supervision
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to influence and achieve results through effective negotiation and problem solving
Nice to haves but not required:
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- 5+ years of consulting agency experience in a similar role preferred
- Business development experience including leading capture and/or writing proposals
- Understanding of human-centered design principles and integrating design
- Client strategy and loyalty marketing experience
- PMP certification
- SAFE certification
Working at ICFWorking at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.California Remote Office (CA99)