Senior Network Security Engineer (remote)
GD Information Technology, Inc.
Sorry, but it’s closed
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:None
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:NACI (T1)
Job Family:Network Engineering
GDIT is seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer to join our NIH team. You will be responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of the customer’s Network Access Control (NAC) solution in a 24x7x365 environment. You will be accountable for, but not limited to, monitoring, configuration changes, accounts, and software updates for the customer’s NAC, ISE and IDS/IPS solutions.
You will analyze, troubleshoot, and remediate issues within the enterprise and work closely with other teams to ensure that these solutions are performing to standard.
Travel is primarily local in the DC metro area.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architecture and Administration of LAN technologies of Cisco Switches and Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Architecture and Administration of Network Access Control systems, including but not limited TO, Cisco ISE, Forescout, Cisco ACS, RSA, Cisco AnyConnect, Gigamon, IDS/IPS.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving for a wide variety of client/user issues
- Act as an escalation point for LAN/NAC related issues
- Work closely with other IT functional teams to ensure cohesive support and strategies across the IT organization
- Support the development of a project plan and execute as authorized
- Maintain relationships with key Third-Party software/hardware vendors to provide support to the infrastructure as needed.
- Provide daily support for tickets: service requests, incidents, problems, and tasks
- Execute tasks to support projects
- Provide regular updates to tickets
- Produce daily/weekly status reports
- Develop and execute change request plans
- Identify appropriate security access control solutions to satisfy customer business objectives/requirements
- Develop High-Level Designs (HLDs) and Low-Level Designs (LLDs)
- Document physical and logical topologies for security solutions
- Develop High-Level task lists/Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Determine the Level of Effort (LOE) for service/solutions
- Develop Bills of Materials (BOMs) and participate in the decision-making process for the acquisition of current/new technologies for the customer environment
- Document solution risks, issues and mitigation strategies
- Create and maintain network diagrams
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for network security technologies
- Meet with management and the customer to present and discuss design and implementation efforts
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Minimum of eight years of experience implementing and maintaining Network Access Control technologies (Cisco IDS/IPS, ISE, Forescout, Cisco AnyConnect, etc.)
- Minimum eight years of experience in a Network Engineering role.
- Experience with network infrastructure in enterprise datacenter solutions.
- Experience with mid to large scale implementations of Network Access Control technologies.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNA/Security, CCNP/CCNP Security, CCIE certifications
- Cisco SISE certification
- Forescout FSCA/FSAA/FSCE certifications
- Experience with Cisco wireless LAN controllers.
- Experience with Forescout security products.
- Experience configuring Cisco ASAs and switches.
- Experience configuring 802.1X.
- Experience configuring and implementing network segmentation including VLANs and MPLS.
- Experience with multiple end-system operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and Apple IOS.
- Experience with ServiceNow and Visio is an asset
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
- Ability to lead teams.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced IT environment.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Travel Required:Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options:Some Telecommuting Allowed
Work Location:USA MD Home Office (MDHOME)
Additional Work Locations:USA DC Home Office (DCHOME), USA PA Home Office (PAHOME), USA VA Home Office (VAHOME) We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.