We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for a Program Manager – Cloud Product Launch Readiness in our Broomfield, CO or Irvine, CA office(s)or (Remote, US)
Is this you?
- Is Strategically Leading Change what excites you to come to work?
- Managing a complex workday - competing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables for different stakeholders - is what gets you out bed. Being a thought leader and strategic partner to our organizational teams and be a key member of leadership is what gets you excited for each day.
- You love the work but the people more because joys are sweetened, and failures lessened when part of a great team.
- People are the heart of every great organization. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our difference makes us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
- As a high performer, you know one of your most important roles is to elevate the people around you. Because you must continually elevate yourself, personally and professionally.
- You have a passion for successful product launches and recognize that teamwork is a critical success factor. We accept failure is good if we learn from it, not making the same mistakes, Also, you want to be part of a team that celebrates you for all your success and celebrates as a team.
- You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self.
The EPMO team touches every part of Alteryx and improves the lives of those around us - just being awesome - while improving the organization.
We are looking for the next awesome person to join our team and make a difference. If this sounds like you, we need to speak!
- This position is NOT for just anyone. Expectations are high from our team and from the organization.
- Fitting into a tight team of super – smart problem solvers and leaders is hard, especially when working remotely. You must be willing to be vulnerable with the team to fit in, which is hard for some.
- The work may be a fit but a long-term role that you love is all about the people. Our interview process with you will help us all decide if we are a good collective cultural match for the EPMO team.
Who you are working with:
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) is an elite internal consulting team that serves every team and department – our clients – throughout Alteryx on complex improvement projects. Our clients look to us to create solutions with them for their greatest problems on tight deadlines. You will have several clients at any given time, at several different stages which creates competing priorities that you much manage as flawlessly as possible.
What you offer us:
- A true partner on the EPMO team with the willingness to hold the EPMO as your “First Team’ and actively perpetuate our own unique culture.
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize various workstreams with competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Internalize, operationalize, and quickly learn as well as own new concepts without breaking a sweat.
- A proven utility player who can be flexible and adapt quickly based on guidance from different executives.
- An innate curiosity and hunger to continually dig deeper for understanding.
- Finding joy through building that coalition and collaboration within your NPI initiative team (outside your “first team”).
- Relationship builder able to communicate complex ideas clearly.
What you DON’T offer:
- Analysis paralysis – needing all the information before moving forward.
- Unwilling to take calculated risks.
- A ‘lone wolf’ who prefers to work on their own.
- Believing you are the ‘genius’ who has all the answers.
- Needing lots of direction and supervision.
What we offer you:
- Some seriously cool, authentic culture events during this rough COVID period.
- Support that only a great team can provide. You may work at a desk by yourself, but you are NEVER alone.
- TONS of killer benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.
- Lots of paid time off and holidays for you to rejuvenate.
- Tuition reimbursement because we believe in lifelong learning.
- Really great offices with healthy food and drinks that you would expect from a tech company – if we ever get over COVID.
- All the 401k matching, stock purchase plans, etc. that are important for your financial future.
- Fitness reimbursement.
- Paid time for you to volunteer because ‘refilling your soul’ is important too.
What you will do day-to-day:
- Facilitate development of the overall GTM strategy (BRD/MRD) and cross-functional GTM operations plan/playbook. Analyze and forecast the impact of changes to product launch programs.
- Lead and indirectly manage multiple go-to-market operations programs, running numerous workstreams, managing different high performing cross-functional teams with high-speed strategic thinking.
- Offer transparency and impartiality with stakeholders across the organization to appreciate the business intelligence and insights needs of internal and external end-users; understanding when to be bold, when to be flexible and when to pivot
- Build cross functional relationships and partnerships across the enterprise to develop roadmap and strategic planning.
- Expertly navigate the trade-offs between contending objectives and constraints while guiding the team to achieve the project vision.
- Conduct project post-mortems to review results, feedback from cross-teams and learnings for future campaigns and launch programs.
- Evaluate and assist with scoping important projects and provide strategic insights and direction to our project partners and stakeholders.
What you need to succeed:
- At least ten (10) years of program management experience). Without this, chance of your success goes down quickly as your likely have not had the exposure to enough crazy situations this role requires.
- Experience and ability to lead cross functional, collaborative, and focused teams. ‘Type A’ people welcomed and encouraged. Dictators need not apply.
- Strong program management skills, including GTM Product Launch Planning and tracking actions, risks, issues, and decisions.
- Experience in both facilitating the creation of and presenting Go-to-market deliverables including, but not limited to the following formats: presentations, business requirements, market requirements, GTM strategy.
- Competence to challenge the team to solve problems, ‘mining’ for the rival ideas and resolving conflict that arrives when there are competing ‘best solutions’.
- A personal track record for successful delivery of building strategic relationships with the ability to matrix manage across broad geographies and lead through influence.
- Knowledge in theoretical and practical understanding of cloud infrastructure, platform technologies as well as customer needs.
- Proven ability to move fast in an ambiguous environment without close supervision.
- Rapid absorption of new subject matter across technical, business, and market specific domains.
- Demonstrated ownership and accountability of results in an end-to-end project lifecycle.
- A talent for communicating complicated technical concepts in a clear, concise, and compelling way to both technical and business audiences.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
Highly Valued Additional Skills:
- Experience with SDLC
- Scrum/ Agile Methodology
- Knowledge and execution of PROSCI as well as organizational readiness methodologies
- PMP Certification
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Irvine, CA is $140k - 172k This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
- This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.