Senior Network Engineer
Rentokil North America
Sorry, but it’s closed
Senior Network Engineer
Are you looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Rentokil is a family of companies in North America. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
What do our Senior Network Engineer's do?
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for service delivery and implementing Network services for North America.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Carries out agreed operational procedures, including network configuration, installation and maintenance.
- Performs complex technical analysis of software, hardware, and network systems, systems engineering for front-end processors, multiplexors, LAN/WAN communications, network nodes, switches, routers and various transmission systems.
- Identifies and resolves complex network problems following agreed procedures. Uses network management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed network maintenance tasks.
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures.
- Acts as liaison between organisation and vendors. Collects and reports on supplier performance data.
- Creates reports and proposals for improvement and contributes to the planning and implementation of new installations and scheduled maintenance and changes within the system.
- As required, produces outline system designs and specifications, and overall architectures, topologies, configuration databases and design documentation of networks and networking technology within the organisation.
- Ensure network capacity meets current and future network requirements including planning for remote hardware and communications facilities, implementation of methodologies for system analysis, installation, and support. Defines and develops methodology to ensure compatibility of all software and hardware products at each facility. Provides ongoing coordination in the analysis, acquisition, and installation of remote hardware and software.
- Participates on-call rotation
What do you need?
- High school diploma or GED, college preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or related field - preferred
- 10+ years of IT experience & Supervisory or Team Lead experience
- Proficent skills in the following;
- SD-WAN / MPLS WAN
- Network Security
- Aerohive Wireless
- Wireless Controllers
- Routing & Switching
- Cisco Nexus Switches
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Load Balancer
- VMware NSX
- Cisco CCNP Certificate (or equivalent) - preferred
- TIL & Service Now Foundational level Certificate v3 - preferred
- This is a full-time position. It is an essential function of this role and integral to the position’s success that the person performing the role must be able to work the required days and hours for the position, which may include mandatory overtime due to business needs, especially during the peak seasons of the business.
- Work Schedule: This is a remote/in-office position. This job tends to have regular office hours but may have extended hours due to business needs. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you are to work on a Saturday the hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and occasional Sunday work is required during the busy season of the business. Travel requirements are up to 10%.
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass motor vehicle record search
Why Choose Rentokil?
A career with Rentokil is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil North America has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare or Dependent Care Expenses
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
- English Version – Revised November 2009
- Spanish Version – Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- English (Formatted)
- English (Unformatted)