This position is within Viewpoint’s Vista Applications development group. This division provides an enterprise software solution with capabilities such as integrated accounting, project management, and operations modules for mid-range to large-scale contractors throughout the United States and aboard. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of .NET, SQL Server, and other Microsoft technologies.
Software Development Engineer III
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with software development, software support, and QA teams to perform product design, implementation, defect verification and correction on application software projects.
- Works directly with Product Management team to implement against product requirements, and solicit more information as required.
- Identifies opportunities for improving software development methods and procedures and communicates recommendations appropriately.
- Works within Scrum team environment to deliver on commitments within a bi-weekly release cadence, and participates in all agile ceremonies.
- Ability to work in a team based environment. Regularly delivering software and reviewing code.
- Studies business domain and actively seeks clarity when specifics of domain will be important in dictating software design approach.
- Effectively applies broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent software development; project management; and technical, business, and professional issues.
- Visualizes complex processes to identify and analyze key issues and recommend quality solutions. Able to participate in development of project estimates, decision analysis, and project schedules.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to others with various levels of knowledge.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- BS degree in a field directly related to software development plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience in application design and programming.
- Ability to write clear, concise code in C# using a variety of standard .NET libraries and utilizing Object Oriented techniques.
- Ability to write, understand, and optimize complex SQL queries.
- Experience with .NET 4.0/4.5 framework and Visual Studio.
- Experience with Agile and Kanban development methodologies.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Software.
- Experience with Kafka or other queues.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and Microsoft Azure platform.
- Knowledge of REST & SasS principles.
- Knowledge of construction industry accounting or project management principles and practices.
Work takes place in an office setting. It requires the ability to sit and work at a keyboard for extended periods and communicate with team members by phone, computer, and video teleconferencing.
Viewpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DISCLOSURE for US-BASED POSITIONS ONLY: Viewpoint requires a criminal background investigation, and employment and education verification as a condition of employment.