Power BI Developer/Analyst (Remote Work Available)
Sorry, but it’s closed
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Power BI Developer/Analyst in its Strategic Analytics team. This Power BI Developer/Analyst will fulfill a vital role leveraging their Power BI development prowess, broader-based analytical skills, and business process acumen to build applications and perform analyses that help our executive stakeholders discover insights and drive progress on the organization’s financial and operational performance.
- Business Process Analysis: The Power BI Developer/Analyst supports our analytics service offerings – human resources, sales/marketing, finance/operations, and supply chain. They work with our Analytics Product Owners and executive stakeholders evaluating business processes to identify inefficiencies and untapped opportunities. They will provide recommendations for business process improvements, and build analytical applications to support those business improvements.
- Power BI Design and Development: The Strategic Analytics team often builds new business intelligence applications to enable business leaders to continue capitalizing on analytical insights long after the team has moved onto the next project. Many of our analytical solutions use Power BI to provide this needed ongoing visibility. The Power BI Developer/Analyst serves as an in-house expert on Power BI solution architecture, design, development, and deployment. To fulfill the specific analytical needs of our stakeholders, it is essential they have a strong grasp of all aspects of Power BI: Power Query setup (including M scripting), data model design, advanced DAX, row-level-security, workspace management, Gateway Administration, Source Control, etc.
- Broader BI Analysis and Development: We also leverage other tools besides Power BI for our analysis and applications. The Power BI Developer/Analyst will work with the Strategic Analytics Director and Data Warehousing and Reporting team to help identify what combination of technologies will best meet stakeholder requirements, and to participate in development as necessary. These technologies may include, but are not limited to Microsoft SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, Python, R, AzureML, and Databricks.
- Data Asset Management: The Power BI Developer/Analyst will also play a role in expanding the scope of our Data Warehouse. They will work with the Analytics Product Owners, business stakeholders, and the data warehousing team to identify needs for added feeds to pre-existing data marts or new schemas, and design and develop for downstream application implications of those additions.
- Analytics Mentorship: The Strategic Analytics team has an apprenticeship program for college students and entry-level developers and analysts. The Power BI Developer/Analyst will play a role in mentoring and coaching these early career employees, to help them grow their development skills and prepare them for greater project responsibility.
You Must Have:
- 6+ years of industry experience in business intelligence development, data engineering, data science, report development, analytics consulting, or a comparable role
- Advanced Power BI skills:
- Data Model design: familiarity with OLAP and Tabular model design principles
- Languages: Advanced DAX, Power Query (M)
- Dashboard development, Workspace management, role-level security control
- Ancillary services/tools: Gateway Administration, Source Control, R/Python integration, Dataflows, ALM Toolkit, DAX Studio, Tabular Editor
- Advanced SQL skills, to write complex, highly-optimized queries
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in other MS SQL Server technologies – SSIS, SSAS (Tabular, especially), Stored Procedures
- Intermediate Python skills for data science / machine learning
Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Statsmodels, TensorFlow, Keras packages
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with business statistics, probability analysis, and/or financial analysis
- Experience with MS Project, MS Planner, TFS Project Management, Trello, or other enterprise project management software
- Excellent writing, listening, and client-facing communication skills, including interacting at a vice president-level or higher; ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate meetings with strong presentation skills
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
We Would Also Prefer:
- BS/BA degree in a STEM or Business field with courses in statistics, mathematics, or data science
- Experience with AzureML and Databricks
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization (i.e. human resources, sales/marketing, finance/operations, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 10,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Taylor Corporation including all partners and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.