The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
SS&C Health provides healthcare reform through a full range of BPO and turnkey healthcare administration solutions. Our solutions, combined with our health outcomes optimization solutions, include advanced technologies and strategic consulting services designed to optimize our customer’s outcomes, revenues, and managing their risk. We help client’s master complexity in the world’s most demanding industries to ensure they continually stay ahead of the ever-changing customer requirements.
This is a remote opportunity.
The Senior Project Management Specialist leads medium to large projects, strategic project initiatives and/or multiple components of larger, interrelated projects or complex customer implementations using a defined project management approach. Projects have both single and multiple group/department interaction with longer project duration and with high business impacts. Ensures all milestones are achieved within identified and documented time, budget, and performance expectations for the project. Partners directly with functional managers to organize interdepartmental or cross-functional activities to ensure company resources and staff are used effectively. Communicates effectively with all levels of management, project sponsor(s), functional teams, and the project team regarding project status. Establishes and administers change control processes to project scope and project budgets. Coordinates and assigns responsibilities to team members that are related to the successful completion of a project. Serves as an expert in project management methodologies, tools, resource management practices and issue, risk, and change management techniques, managing within the defined project management framework.
- Lead large to medium size global projects: create project timelines, manage project milestones and deliverables, manage resources for each assigned project to ensure the project remains on schedule.
- Foster an environment that adapts quickly and focuses on Agile development principles.
- Manage overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverable dates can be clearly communicated to the product and account leads.
- Manage all deliverables with any required external vendors.
- Provide production and technical knowledge, in addition to innovation insight, in order to arrive at the best-possible execution decisions.
- Work closely with Scrum Master and Product Owner to track sprint progress against overall project timelines.
- Work closely with the product and account leads to remain in full communication on the status and details of each project, including any cost or timing issues that may arise.
- Anticipate any potential issues with the project through quick responses and proactive critical thinking.
- Demonstrate skilled problem-solving capabilities to determine solutions and options to resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of work-related experience, or Master’s degree and 1 year of work-related experience, or 5 years equivalent work-related experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience leading projects within a technical environment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading projects in an Agile development environment
- Experience with resource management including identification of gaps and recommendation of options to keep projects on time and within budget
- Experience with requirements gathering, management, and backlog grooming preferred
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, set direction and solve problems in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to provide leadership/mentoring to other team members
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, including ability to summarize and concisely share key project information to all levels of the organization
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Understanding of project management, and expertise with project planning tools (MS Project)
- PMI/PMP or equivalent Project Management certification
- Agile certification preferred.
Location:Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.