Join the Timberland Family
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Strat ham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Shanghai. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying - and protecting - nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, www.timberland.com or follow us @timberland.
In this role, you will work within the digital team to build innovative and impactful ecommerce experiences. You will be focused on bringing to life our seasonal content calendar, including some refreshes, collaborations/releases and key brand campaigns. You will be the primary builder and publisher of site content, also helping manage development work done by third-party agencies.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
• You will collaborate directly with our Senior Manager, Digital Business & User Experience to translate content strategies and designs into clean and effective digital experiences.
• You will meet regularly with the marketing, site merchandising, and design teams to understand project requirements, relay capabilities/constraints, technical scoping, and balance multiple priorities to deliver projects on timeline.
• In addition to regular ongoing content development, you will work with the UX lead and partner developer(s) to build and enhance custom site components including navigation, product sliders, custom AEM content spots, and banners for use as modules across the sites.
How you will do it:
• By diligently building, maintaining, documenting, and evolving custom layouts and documentation for reference and reuse amongst larger teams
• Establishing guidelines and best practices as well as provide technical consultation and UX guidance to new and ongoing site experiences and development efforts
• Focusing on mobile-first, modern front-end layouts, performant code and accessibility compliance is key.
• Leading site content development initiatives for Timberland Americas by coordinating with senior content, merchandising, and design counterparts to build publish/launch clean digital experiences for Americas ecommerce
• Creating reusable components and layouts that enable development efficiencies while maintaining cross-device compatibility, especially with video
• Maintaining custom content layouts, updating per best practices; modify and evolve and rich documentation.
• Managing own workflow to achieve deliverables by assigned deadlines
• Maintaining flexibility to reprioritize as business needs shift, and ability to juggle multiple projects at once and balance priorities
• Working closely with the business, design, and platform teams to ensure objectives and timelines are clearly understood and met.
• Balancing personal development workload with allocation/reassignment of work to third-party development agencies • Working with and implementing outside service provider technologies as needed
• Fielding and fulfilling site content update requests from marketing and other teams; collaborating with other developers and team to prioritize tasks
What success looks like: With your skills in continuous improvement, information monitoring, decision making, planning and organizing and being customer focused, your talent for building partnerships with communication, gaining commitment and leveraging cultural diversity will contribute to the team’s success. You are also adaptable with innovation and innovative thinking while continuously learning and driving for results.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years of professional development experience
Educational Position Requirements: A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees such as a Bachelor’s degree are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
• What we expect you already know:
– The required experience in the AEM platform and zurb/foundation framework; platforms will change in the future, but the underlying skills to do the job will not; candidates must be comfortable with this
– Excellent prioritization, self-management, teamwork, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
– Excellent listening skills, collaborative spirit and team builder
– Experience with modern UI layouts, front-end best practices, CSS Grid/Flexbox
– Experience with CSS preprocessors, e.g. Scss
– Experience with git, managing repos and version control
– Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
– Able to understand all aspects of the digital platform while maintaining deeper expertise specific to content development and front-end work
– Technical innovator with ability to build new custom components from the ground up
– Thorough understanding of web-based technologies/processes and production for responsive sites across all modern browsers and devices
– Fluent with Atlassian suite, ticketing (JIRA), documentation (Confluence) and version control systems (git, BitBucket). Familiarity with agile a plus, but not required.
– Thought leader with active interest in web and UX technologies
– following modern design & development trends
– Keen sense of how to improve user experience through front end design and development
– Work to maintain and establish standards for regional content development practices with Europe and other global partners
• What we will teach you: To inspire others to step outside and make it better, make a difference by using purposeful actions first and encourage others to join you, believe in collaboration and work to create positive transformations, and initiate and propose bold ideas for innovation, development and progress.
• VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
What’s in it For You We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?
This role is remote-based and will support a team based in the EST time zone.