Company DescriptionEtsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Product Manager to drive the long-term vision of Etsy’s core business layer as we expand our connected applications for our internal engineering teams.
The Staff PM will partner closely with the API Platform team to build out the next version of our APIs. They will enable our internal customers (product engineering) to adopt and use it in intuitive and delightful ways. And they'll help clarify the needs for our API frameworks, promote accessibility and usability of existing and new endpoints, and care deeply about the experience other Etsy engineers have using your product. There may even be an opportunity to extend these APIs beyond Etsy to serve 3rd party integrations. Do you find happiness in working closely with engineering teams and building scaled internal platforms used across an organization? If so, this could be the perfect match!
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Brooklyn, NY reporting to the Director of Product Management. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week.
In this role you will:
- Establish a vision for the API infrastructure and services at Etsy, incorporating feedback from internal users. Then, working closely with engineers to determine what is feasible
- Define methods and metrics for measuring the success of the platforms, and communicate those metrics with senior leadership
- Work closely with engineering counterparts, translating requirements from business and engineering partners into technical needs for the platform
- Own the evolution of our API framework to support internal Etsy teams, and possibly extend the API for external developers and integrators
- Provide structure to this large, complex space, and identify iterative steps that build customer value early and often for internal users, while still heading towards a long term vision
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that the role will encompass other tasks, too, and that the job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Ideally you'll bring:
- Experience as a Platform Product Manager working in a technology-heavy role, including crafting the vision and strategy for the platforms you built
- A successful track record of partnering with engineering teams to build API systems and frameworks, with a deep understanding of API technologies (GraphQL, Swagger, OAuth, JSON, data layer queries, frontend build system technologies etc) as well as technical governance (standards, compatibility, lifecycle management, monitoring)
- The capacity to understand the needs of customers (internal Etsy engineers) AND their customers (Etsy buyers and sellers), to spot common trends and needs
- The confidence to participate in very technical conversations, and to push back on engineering and analyst peers when appropriate; the ability to drive consensus and commit, even with all parties don’t agree
- Shown success communicating up about delivery timelines, trade-offs, and risks
- A passion for new and emerging API technologies, and an ear to industry trends
- Bonus: hands-on experience building APIs or frameworks
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We’re open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.