Site Reliability Engineer
WEX Brazil Technology Services
Sorry, but it’s closed
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management, and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
Who Are We?
We are a group dedicated to enabling payments of all sorts. We help individuals pay bills, we help businesses do the same and we even help technology firms move funds at high volumes to facilitate their core capabilities. Our goal is to use our technology to make paying for anything as simple as possible behind the scenes.
Our team is comprised of small, agile development teams focused on building state of the art solutions from the ground up using the best technology available. We focus on cloud-based microservice solutions to help achieve fast, scalable results that allow our business partners the flexibility they need to compete in our competitive market.
Our team of professionals works hard, covers for one another, and maintains a work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride in ownership in everything we do.
We need help!
Changing the world isn’t easy, and we have a lot of work ahead of us. From new product features to automation, to supporting microservices, we’ve got more work than we can handle and we’re looking for great people to come along for the ride.
Who are you?
About the Role:
The Corporate Payments Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is a newly formed team and we are looking for individuals passionate about developing software to help scale monitoring, alerting, provisioning and configuration management. The team
is progressively responsible for full-stack observability, level two alerting, reliability engineering and incident response for products and services that are on-boarded into the team. We aim to ensure that our production environment remains available to our customers and we aim to proactively address reliability issues before they affect performance or availability.
• A highly motivated engineer who loves working on small, high performing teams.
• Collaborative, a solid communicator, and work well with your team and stakeholders.
• Someone who cares deeply for team results, checks your ego at the door, and takes pride in owning results.
• Are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments
• Able to collaborate closely with the engineering teams
• Someone who thrives under pressure
• Willing to dig deep into code, networking, operating systems and/or storage to solve
• Experience in software development in one or more programming languages
• Pick up new technology and switch between tech stacks with a minimum of fuss
• Collaborate with the existing Engineering teams to understand deployment practices and
processes and work towards iteratively improving the release pipeline to ensure a highly
resilient deployment strategy, ideally with zero downtime
• Are familiar with agile software development practices
• Participate in 24x7 Site Reliability rotations and escalation workflows
It would be nice if you
• Self-motivated and have a passion for quality and SRE/DevOps principles and a clear
drive to remove toil and run highly resilient/automated systems
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (particularly AWS)
• Strong philosophy of continuous improvement
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to effectively
convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to adapt to change
• Strong technical fundamentals including Windows/Linux, TCP/IP, and Docker
• Working knowledge of databases including SQL, NoSQL, indexing, and schema design
• Experience with Infrastructure automation
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or can make us feel
intensely confident that you don’t need one