DevOps CI/CD Engineer
Sorry, but it’s closed
Who we are
Firebolt is a major shake-up to the cloud data warehouse space. So far we’ve built the fastest, most scalable, and most hardware efficient cloud data warehouse in the market, by far, and have helped some of the most data-forward companies in the world with their biggest data challenges. But this is just the beginning. We are a strong team of world-class data experts, led by ex-founders from Sisense and Looker. With $37M of recent funding by top VCs, we are poised to grow quickly and change how we work with data and what can be done with data.
About the tech stack
Firebolt is composed of several open-source projects and relies on a unique IP that boosts data analytics and enables full scalability and decoupling compute from storage.
We have Terraform as part of the application, dynamically provision AWS accounts, network infrastructure, and workloads in reaction to clients activity. The infrastructure is managed as code with Terraform/Kops/Helm and services are monitored using Prometheus Thanos Grafana and Loki.
CI/CD is handled by a combination of CircleCI and ArgoCD in GitOps fashion to test and deploy code to production.
We’re pushing to run everything on Kubernetes, stateless and stateful workload. We love CRDs and operators, and we also develop our own.
Our SQL core teams work with C++. Our backend teams work with Go, Python, Rust in order to create gRPC microservices exposing REST APIs and GraphQL interface. We are using CockroachDB, FoundationDB, Temporal, and Kafka as application infrastructure. Our frontend teams work with TypeScript, React, Redux + Apollo.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take part in the definition of our R&D ecosystem and ALM
- Develop from the grounds up and maintain our CI/CD pipelines, handling performance, error monitoring, and automated testing
- Collaborate with R&D to provide self-service tools and automate everything possible
- Provide solutions using open source technologies, fork, create PRs to upstream and develop missing tools from scratch where needed
- Be part of the CI/CD DevOps team
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes including using open source solutions from the ecosystem
- 2+ years of experience with distributed systems running on AWS
- 2+ years of experience with "Infrastructure as a code" tools such as Terraform, Pulumi or similar
- Strong skills in shell scripting
- A passion for learning, developing, monitoring, and provisioning systems that perform well at scale
- Strong attention to details, quality control, and a can-do attitude
- GitHub account
- Strong Kubernetes skills, experience with modern CNIs, volume plugins, security, operators, service meshes, ingresses and K8s ecosystem
- Experience with CNCF and CD foundation projects
- Skills with at least one of general purpose languages such as Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, Rust, C# or NodeJS
- CKA certification or similar
- AWS professional certification or similar
- BS/Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field